Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 05:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

The bots take this guy's word as gospel. Sad...

Bob Cesca: Glenn Beck: the Televangelist Con Man Selling God's Plan for America

[SIZE=6]Glenn Beck: the Televangelist Con Man Selling God's Plan for America[/SIZE]

During yesterday's Glenn Beck radio show, Beck delivered a 10-minute monologue in which he hit all of his phony-baloney touchstones -- some of them, as I've been writing for the last several weeks, are dangerous and some are simply ridiculous. But primarily, Beck was in full televangelist mode about God and something about a "plan" and, in the process, he dovetailed into a little McCarthyism and, as usual, a little historical revisionism. He even shrunk into a defensive bit refuting the accusations that he's a faker who's conning his audience.

"...Now, see if you can figure this one out. Beck says in his monologue, "Do not accept coincidence in your life. Look for the answers of your life -- look for your answers in your life through coincidence. Because there's no such thing as coincidence." It sounds as though he's saying, there's no such thing as coincidence, but look for the answers in your life through coincidence. Okay, so is there coincidence or not?"

Seriously, folks, can you really take someone like Beck seriously?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Becks Plan,,Buy Gold

Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
HAHAHAHA Becks takeing his gold to the bank! that's what bugs you yahoo's the most. The guy came from nowhere and is now a rich man... classic American success story. Poor drunk turns his life around and you just can't stand it can you??? Bunch of haters..................

Old 04-23-2010, 08:13 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The bots take this guy's word as gospel. Sad...

Bob Cesca: Glenn Beck: the Televangelist Con Man Selling God's Plan for America

[SIZE=6]Glenn Beck: the Televangelist Con Man Selling God's Plan for America[/SIZE]

During yesterday's Glenn Beck radio show, Beck delivered a 10-minute monologue in which he hit all of his phony-baloney touchstones -- some of them, as I've been writing for the last several weeks, are dangerous and some are simply ridiculous. But primarily, Beck was in full televangelist mode about God and something about a "plan" and, in the process, he dovetailed into a little McCarthyism and, as usual, a little historical revisionism. He even shrunk into a defensive bit refuting the accusations that he's a faker who's conning his audience.

"...Now, see if you can figure this one out. Beck says in his monologue, "Do not accept coincidence in your life. Look for the answers of your life -- look for your answers in your life through coincidence. Because there's no such thing as coincidence." It sounds as though he's saying, there's no such thing as coincidence, but look for the answers in your life through coincidence. Okay, so is there coincidence or not?"

Seriously, folks, can you really take someone like Beck seriously?????
i would prefer to take glenn beck seriously rather than keith olbermann who calls people racist till he's blue in the face.

you took one snippet of his show, which you probably didn't even watch, and harped on a spiritual note he was trying to convey?

here, i'll explain it to you: spiritually everything happens for a reason, you could say: not getting that promotion was to teach you tollerance, you could say: doing something you don't want to do is going to teach you hard work and be diligence.

glenn beck said to learn from your experiences and take nothing as coincidence, don't write anything off that happens because you're here for a reason, i'm here for a reason, and we have a government who wants to control us, and they don't have a very good reason. so anything you see from the government that is written off as coincidence, theres something more behind it.

be cautious.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:13 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
HAHAHAHA Becks takeing his gold to the bank! that's what bugs you yahoo's the most. The guy came from nowhere and is now a rich man... classic American success story. Poor drunk turns his life around and you just can't stand it can you??? Bunch of haters..................
Except that it's a racket, Liddy and North are both felons, Hannity was in with ""Lord Stanford"" and hhis phoney gold racket. I don't have to hate them to point out how stupid people are who buy the crap

Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:

He's like a train wreck, you know you shouldn't look, but you can't help yourself.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Must be nice being a millionaire simply by rewriting history and scaring the bejesus out of people.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Must be nice being a millionaire simply by rewriting history and scaring the bejesus out of people.
Rewrite history???? Now that is a funny one! Big deal if he does anyway, The school book people do it all the time....... If you could fiqure out how to do it and make money.....I bet you would as well

Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Beck is increasingly using religious overtones in his commentary. It an odd mixture of politics and religion. I think it started about the time he went after Rev. Wallis.

The following is an example.

'Glenn Beck': Six Principles of Nonviolence - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

And then the last one or his last one she shared with me yesterday — "faith that justice will prevail." Do you still believe that? I do. Because I know that God is just. And I know this is God's land. I know this is God's Constitution. We've just perverted it.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:24 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
Quote:
Beck is a smart guy, he knows that there are people on the right who uncritically believes any conspiracy or fabrication he spews. In my opinion, he is driving the GOP off the cliff and laughing all the way to the bank. I have no problem with someone becoming rich, but some do it ethically and other are charlatans and its those who I oppose.

The right wing talkers make millions while they do nothing for their fans, except entertain them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies