Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I think abortion is wrong, death penalty is wrong, I think drugs like pot should be legalized, I'm pro-Israel, I'm mostly vegetarian, I wear vegan shoes, I hate smoking bans, and think taxes should be lowered.
Nobody cares what you eat or what shoes you put on your feet as long as you don't try to force your eating and shoe-wearing beliefs on others. Then it becomes political.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 06:45 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Extremists would look at one or two of your positions and scream at you for being a conservative and others would scream that you're a liberal. Both might agree with you on one issue and then expect that you'd fully support every issue that they consider liberal or conservative. If you don't they'd label you as being misguided and needing to be enlightened. The big tent concept is a complete load of BS.
Call yourself a free thinking independant and vote for whoever least offends you.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Maybe if you stopped acting like a first grade class full of disruptive, whining childern we would not need a "nanny" to keep you from hurting others and yourselves. Just a bunch of cry babies screaming, "Its ALL ABOUT I, ME and MINE!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:27 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
I think abortion is wrong, death penalty is wrong, I think drugs like pot should be legalized, I'm pro-Israel, I'm mostly vegetarian, I wear vegan shoes, I hate smoking bans, and think taxes should be lowered.
Dont forget that "You can be a progressive and be a fiscal conservative. I know we're gonna have an argument, but you can be. But you can't show up at a Tea Party rally and claim that the entire budget deficit happened this year."

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...h-landing.html

Old 04-30-2010, 08:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Nobody cares what you eat or what shoes you put on your feet as long as you don't try to force your eating and shoe-wearing beliefs on others. Then it becomes political.
well, that vegan he took the shoes from might care.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
don't be fooled by the labels...check out his website, and some of his speeches on youtube...

he's a one of a kind...and i'm keeping my eye on his son, Rand Paul...if he's anything like his father, he'll be a President one day. write that down!
If he is anything like his father he will NEVER be President one day, He is actually not and that is good. Labels are one thing, the bottom line is Paul is a libertarian that understands you will never enact change in the libertarian party, that is why he is a republican, which is a good thing. Look I am very Libertarian, but like Paul understands if you want your libertarian ideas to actually make a difference you get involved in the republican party..otherwise you are just pissing in the wind.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
I'd say more libertarian than anything. I mean libertarians are divided on abortion and libertarians tend to be anti-death penalty too (key word is "tend").

Only thing that is really non-libertarian is the support for Israel, but I support Israel as well. Well, morally speaking. It is not like a sent Israel money or fight in the IDF, but rather I support most of its policies and especially it's right to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies