Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcollectingdust View Post
I served aboard the carrier Forrestal during the Vietnam war. You always launch into the wind and recover in the wind. Common sense.
As far as GWB uniform going to a library........it sure is better than having Monica's dress there!
We could go on and on with this forever.......let's just see what happens in Nov.
As far as my comment about fighting the fight on foreign soil.....I am sure you will see a few terrorist blow themselves up over here if we pull out of any of those areas for good. You'll be fighting the fight here instead.
Boy, some of you really, really have lousey memories. I can still remember watching the news when they did a number on the twin towers......I also remember the sound of bodies hitting the sidewalk and the newsman turning to see what the sound was. Think for a minute people. There were so many terrorist at that point and time that they would have sent them in droves if we had not taken the war to them. This war on terrorist is NEVER going to end.......so just deal with it!
I loved the comment that Obama made that it was not the right time to do anything about the illegals. You know and I know that he needs every one of them in this next election. The Dems don't have the kahunas to do the right thing. They never have.
Now, for those of you that have served your country......speak.....for those that haven't done a damn thing for this country, shut up.
What was it like being on a boat? The unit I was with, 14 Marines and 1 Navy Corpsman moved every 12 hours. We dug fighting holes every night.
No compound to retreat to. So, I have served my country and I'm speaking up.
Now, I respect the fact that you served, but don't for a minute think that you have a right to speak for everyone that served in Vietnam. I flat out don't agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Since it was 7 years ago, Bush is no longer in office, and the "Mission Accomplished" banner referred to the mission of the SHIP, why should we care?
Because some pea-brains think he meant the entire war in Iraq was over, done, finished, accomplished, and over with.

Unlike 0bama who stated Gitmo would be closed, and the troops in Iraq would be home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies