Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:32 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times

Advertisements

On these boards I see a recurring theme:single moms are trash or this or that. Not a single person ever acknowledge the dads role in making the mom a single mom In the first place. Let me get this straight.. if 70% of black children are born out of wedlock the mom gets called hoodrat and what not but not a single word for the dads. Do you guys believe its all on the woman or girl if she gets pregnant., why? By placing it on the womans fault for getting pregnant does that mean a woman is smarter? Could not a man use condoms?

One interesting thing I read about is almost 80 percent of single moms get pregnant by men older than 18. These men should be in jail. But no one says anything about those scumbags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 02:40 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,141,957 times
Reason is that many of the mamas dont even know who the daddy is. And besides if they charge him with being the one to pay the bills she cant get the free welfare. All she will have is a worthless judgement against the daddy who wont pay up and may even be in jail. Basdardy is a crime and the mama should be arrested.......................but then she will cry "I got to take care of my baby" as she applies for FREE welfare. If a woman has a baby out of legal wedlock she should be sterilized.period and the daddy if they catch him should be castrated.....

Old 05-01-2010, 02:50 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,032 times
I place the blame on single mothers because females choose males to mate with...men do not, and cannot afford to be as selective when choosing mating partners. Furthermore, single mothers have ALWAYS gone unaddressed, if not entirely placed on a pedestal, while absentee fathers and deadbeat dads have rightfully always been heavily scrutinized AND legally punished. IMO, I simply impute an equal amount of blame on single mothers for failing at their duty of selecting the strongest males to mate with to strengthen the species..

Last edited by solytaire; 05-01-2010 at 03:35 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 02:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Well, until fathers are given a say, into whether or not they want the children, its completely up to the mother.

I agree, its her body, her choice. However, if you're the only one that gets a choice, you get all of the responsibility as well.

Think of it this way. If you're on a road trip, and you're the one calling all the shots, and you decide not to stop for gas, whose to blame for not stopping?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:54 PM

7,938 posts, read 9,158,452 times
While I agree with you that society is less condemning towards baby daddies, and they bear responsibility for that child, ultimately it is the woman who will be carrying the child,and taking care of the child so it is she who really should ensure that she won't get pregnant. No love if you ain't wearing a glove, LOL.
Also the mother is the only one who has the right to terminate the pregnancy, so I guess, ultimately it the woman who should take even more responsibility for creating the child.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
If anything, single moms are portrayed as heroes these days.. And I have much more respect for single mothers than women who abort because it's inconvenient to them. I think women should make better decisions in men.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
If anything, single moms are portrayed as heroes these days.. And I have much more respect for single mothers than women who abort because it's inconvenient to them. I think women should make better decisions in men.
I agree. Another point. How come those who keep the kids get way more scrutiny than those who abort? I know women who have had 7 abortions.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:10 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I agree. Another point. How come those who keep the kids get way more scrutiny than those who abort? I know women who have had 7 abortions.
there's no accountability for abortion, that's why. I respect mother who keep their children, and I have really zero issue that my tax dollars, if they are not well off, supports them.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
If a woman went on the pill as soon as she was within a year of being sexually active, there wouldn't be any blame to place. The woman bears 100% of the cost of children, unless the man willingly contributes. Consequently, we must protect ourselves.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I place the blame on single mothers because females choose males to mate with...men do not, and cannot afford to be as selective when choosing mating partners. Furthermore, single mothers have ALWAYS gone unaddressed, if not entirely placed on a pedestal, while absentee fathers and dead dads have rightfully always been heavily scrutinized AND legally punished. IMO, I simply impute an equal amount of blame on single mothers for failing at their duty of selecting the strongest males to mate with to strengthen the species..
Why is it a womans duty to select a stronger mate? Why not a mans duty to select a stronger mate? Females choose who they mate with but males don't? Is some woman raping them? Sorry,please elaborate because it sounds silly. No one is holding a gun to the mens heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies