Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:12 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

Another Environmental Scientist Bails on Man-Made Global Warming | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

Some interesting discussion on the peer pressure associated with the AGW cult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 02:17 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
From your link:

“When I tell environmental activists that global warming is not something to be concerned about, they attack me — they shun me, they do not allow me to have my materials published in their magazines,” Rancourt explained to Climate Depot (http://allpainnogain.cfact.org/default.asp - broken link).

This censorship is all part of the AGW conspiracy that Mann, et al, say does not exist

Old 07-27-2010, 02:24 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
From your link:

“When I tell environmental activists that global warming is not something to be concerned about, they attack me — they shun me, they do not allow me to have my materials published in their magazines,” Rancourt explained to Climate Depot (http://allpainnogain.cfact.org/default.asp - broken link).

This censorship is all part of the AGW conspiracy that Mann, et al, say does not exist
/sarcasm on

What do you mean! You are a denier! You hate the planet and work for big oil! We don't have to listen to you because the discussion is over and all you want to do is kill the planet! What facts? The only fact is that you are trying to kill the planet and won't let real science take place! Who cares about those little details, they don't change the bigger picture and that picture is that you are killing the planet! What? That statistic is wrong? Well, it isn't about the facts, it is about saving the planet! Its about our view of helping the planet, this isn't an issue about facts, its an issue of saving the planet! Silly denier!

/sarcasm off

That about sums up their MO. *chuckle*

Old 07-27-2010, 02:43 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,844,217 times
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Old 07-27-2010, 03:01 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,475,181 times
This info is from a self-described anarchist and left-wing "activist" who has a history of unstable behaviour.

Maybe he's correct, but it's an interesting choice to use to support your views. Using that link as 'proof' is akin to getting unbiased "news" from Cosmopolitan Magazine.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
This info is from a self-described anarchist and left-wing "activist" who has a history of unstable behaviour.
I spent a lot of time with communists and all of them believed in the SGW scam and so did the few anarchists in our group too

Old 07-27-2010, 05:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Do any of you anti-global warming worshippers even read or research your subject before pasting the same old platitudes?

This guy was a professor of physics. His research had nothing to do with climate.

He was a radical, radical leftist who was kicked out of academia for altering his classes to teach students that profit is evil and force them into a social activist worldview.

He also denied the ozone hole, which did have proven impact on human health.

I realize this is a political issue, but at least know when you're being fed propaganda to serve the far right political agenda and study the science from many fields and perspectives. If you can't even analyze a simple article, how can we trust that you have independently analyzed the research you so passionately defend?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:01 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Another Environmental Scientist Bails on Man-Made Global Warming | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

Some interesting discussion on the peer pressure associated with the AGW cult.

Every religion will have its times of doubt and desertion of the faith. As long as there is an Al Gore, there will always be the cult of global warming.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Do any of you anti-global warming worshippers even read or research your subject before pasting the same old platitudes?

This guy was a professor of physics. His research had nothing to do with climate.

He was a radical, radical leftist who was kicked out of academia for altering his classes to teach students that profit is evil and force them into a social activist worldview.

He also denied the ozone hole, which did have proven impact on human health.

I realize this is a political issue, but at least know when you're being fed propaganda to serve the far right political agenda and study the science from many fields and perspectives. If you can't even analyze a simple article, how can we trust that you have independently analyzed the research you so passionately defend?
I don't think anyone is really relying on it as evidence of any conclusion other than one nut fell off of the big pile of nuts for whatever reason. In the end, they are all nuts. /shrug

Its not like opinion means anything in the realm of science.... oh wait... I guess consensus is a part of your groups scientific method (tm).

Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
/sarcasm on

What do you mean! You are a denier! You hate the planet and work for big oil! We don't have to listen to you because the discussion is over and all you want to do is kill the planet! What facts? The only fact is that you are trying to kill the planet and won't let real science take place! Who cares about those little details, they don't change the bigger picture and that picture is that you are killing the planet! What? That statistic is wrong? Well, it isn't about the facts, it is about saving the planet! Its about our view of helping the planet, this isn't an issue about facts, its an issue of saving the planet! Silly denier!

/sarcasm off

That about sums up their MO. *chuckle*
I didn't take a position either way. I was waiting for the science to surface to the top from both sides. What I saw was science countered with junk science countered with half truths and clearly both sides were attempting to steer, but neither empowered with the whole truth.

So... why are both sides fearing truth? Now that we've endured this sham of debate as long as we have, perhaps the scientists can get back to working on scientific evidence minus the drama of hollywood and conservative just say no to everything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies