Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:02 PM

604 posts, read 750,984 times

Advertisements

Why are people DEFENDING illegal Americans? The GOAL is to catch them and deport them, a MAJOR problem.

It's only ARIZONA, so San Fransico go ahead and "boycott" I'll donate my freaking bank account to the governer for actually doing something that isn't meant to get him re-elected, although that might've eventually been the idea.

I agree 100% with this... I'd LOVE getting stopped by police to get my ID/citizenship checked...shows some government program is working...

So whats the problem? "Racial Profiling" oh nooo.... its YOUR COUNTRY, you should be proud we're fighting back, Mexico certainly isn't going to do this for us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,861,111 times
They aren't Americans, they are immigrants. Aliens, Illegal scum suckers. It isn't racial profiling, if the majority of the law breakers are mexican.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:44 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,332,556 times
Wall Street Journal, today, headline story about the drug-running violence of Mexico spilling over into McAllen, Texas.

Another headline, from the WSJ, was about how the Mexican futbol (soccer) team is just as popular in the US of A as Team USA. And, when the US of A plays Mexico, they get booed by the majority of the spectators, who are Mexicans living in the US of A.

Wow. Isn't it nice they can come live here and boo our national team. Could we do the same in Mexico??

Only in the US of A do some of the locals defend the right of the immigrants -legal or otherwise- to denigrate, bomb (Times Square bomber), put down, desecrate, march, complain, receive welfare, and etc. ad nauseum. Maybe those defenders of the immigrant need to take up residence in another country for awhile to see how they treat their immigrants.

Earlier immigrants gladly came here to begin a new life. Northern Europeans, Southern Europeans, Eastern Europeans, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Cubans, and etc., all came and learned English (by the 2nd generation) and became part of the melting pot. Is that happening with the Mexicans?? Or are they simply trying to move the border northward, bit by bit.

Sorry, I don't want to live in Mexico. Not interested in having it move northward either.

Bravo to Arizona for having the guts to do what is right: enforce the laws. If Linda Ronstadt wants to boycott anything, she should start with donuts!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:04 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
Why are people DEFENDING illegal Americans? The GOAL is to catch them and deport them, a MAJOR problem.

It's only ARIZONA, so San Fransico go ahead and "boycott" I'll donate my freaking bank account to the governer for actually doing something that isn't meant to get him re-elected, although that might've eventually been the idea.

I agree 100% with this... I'd LOVE getting stopped by police to get my ID/citizenship checked...shows some government program is working...

So whats the problem? "Racial Profiling" oh nooo.... its YOUR COUNTRY, you should be proud we're fighting back, Mexico certainly isn't going to do this for us
You say that knowing that the odds are that you wouldn't be stopped because your a white male. The potential to pick up American born citizens of Mexican descent is huge. THIS IS WHERE MY PROBLEM WITH THIS LAW IN MY COUNTRY IS. Of course, since it wouldn't impact you then you can stand on the sidelines and cheer on. I also noticed that in your OP you didn't say that you were going to run down to AZ to work on the farms.

However, since you are unwilling to go up to the IRS and you are unwilling to really spank the business' it is ok for you to stand on the sidelines to allow this to happen. In no way shape or form should American born get up every morning to carry the birth certificate, social security card and the picture ID, hence that is why we pay to get the ID, to avoid that.

As for football teams. This is not a country that takes football seriously. It never has. Uraguay usually has a great team. Mexico has a great team. It is ok, to even like football players from other countries.

I didn't hear one word of protest about the Polish Constitution Day that is celebrated in America. Imagine that. The border drug violence is a separate from immigration. Rightly so.

Brewer wants to act like a spoiled little child throwing a tantrum for her next election. Especially regarding her comments made to the media about her predecssor.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,861,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
You say that knowing that the odds are that you wouldn't be stopped because your a white male. The potential to pick up American born citizens of Mexican descent is huge. THIS IS WHERE MY PROBLEM WITH THIS LAW IN MY COUNTRY IS. Of course, since it wouldn't impact you then you can stand on the sidelines and cheer on. I also noticed that in your OP you didn't say that you were going to run down to AZ to work on the farms.

However, since you are unwilling to go up to the IRS and you are unwilling to really spank the business' it is ok for you to stand on the sidelines to allow this to happen. In no way shape or form should American born get up every morning to carry the birth certificate, social security card and the picture ID, hence that is why we pay to get the ID, to avoid that.

As for football teams. This is not a country that takes football seriously. It never has. Uraguay usually has a great team. Mexico has a great team. It is ok, to even like football players from other countries.

I didn't hear one word of protest about the Polish Constitution Day that is celebrated in America. Imagine that. The border drug violence is a separate from immigration. Rightly so.

Brewer wants to act like a spoiled little child throwing a tantrum for her next election. Especially regarding her comments made to the media about her predecssor.

Are you that narrow minded and ignorant? It has been a federal law since the 1940s that any foreign immigrant alien be required to carry their paperwork AT ALL TIMES. An American born citizen, needs only their drivers' license. Arizona wouldn't issue a drivers license to you if you aren't a legal citizen, so where is your complaint now?

The farm jobs would pay American citizens better, and with the higher wages would come higher prices, which would affect everybody, and there would be an increase in wages across the board.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:50 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Are you that narrow minded and ignorant? It has been a federal law since the 1940s that any foreign immigrant alien be required to carry their paperwork AT ALL TIMES. An American born citizen, needs only their drivers' license. Arizona wouldn't issue a drivers license to you if you aren't a legal citizen, so where is your complaint now?

The farm jobs would pay American citizens better, and with the higher wages would come higher prices, which would affect everybody, and there would be an increase in wages across the board.
No, but apparantly you are that narrow minded and ignorant. What part of American born did you not understand? See, here in is the problem. Arizona has 24 tribes, an Asian American population, Arabic American population and large American of Mexican descent population. That right there IS the problem. Further, Brewer was aware that there has been a decline in illegal immigrants coming through Arizona.

However, for those that are hired into the agricultural industry, you most certainly are not going for those jobs. They are seasonal at best and therefore, do not offer any true financial stability. Not because Americans are particularly lazy in this arena but because you're livelihood is dependent on many different factors and the season ends.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:57 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,117,403 times
I don't defend illegal acts.

I DO defend our Constitutuion:

Quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
If the state of AZ wishes to violate the Constitution, they either need to secede from the union first, or work within the legal system to change (void?) the 4th Amendment.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 AM

968 posts, read 2,625,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I don't defend illegal acts.

I DO defend our Constitutuion:

If the state of AZ wishes to violate the Constitution, they either need to secede from the union first, or work within the legal system to change (void?) the 4th Amendment.
well Brewer signed something saying the police needed something other than race as a reason to check paperwork. so being brown doesn't work anymore. but how easy is it for a cop to to just make something up, most of the illegals that will be deported are on the streets and probably have a record already. according to the lawmakers it does not violate the letter of the law. but according to me it sure as hell violates the spirit of the law.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,679,173 times
If I were to go to Canada I would have to have a passport. If I were pulled over for speeding I would need my "papers" to prove I was allowed to be in their country. If I went to work there I would need permission from the government to do so. But, if I were from Mexico I could just spit on the laws of the country.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM

34 posts, read 71,527 times
Drastic problems need drastic solutions.
Everyone who comes up against this law is either illegal immigrant or a person with low IQ.
If you're not guilty(i.e. came here legally) you have nothing to be worried about.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies