Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 03:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ummmm, who starts the majority of the gay threads on CD?
Conservative xians, that's who.
Ahh, wrong.. Just like the Obama = black threads, they are usually started by the left wing with comments like "why do you hate gays"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 03:52 PM

723 posts, read 634,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, wrong.. Just like the Obama = black threads, they are usually started by the left wing with comments like "why do you hate gays"...
You may want to do a quick check of the threads before claiming this. Basically every single thread that I've read about gay anything recently was started by an anti-gay bigot. And every time I openly call them gay because of it, I don't get a response.

Just like that dcsldcd person who finds every single post even remotely related to anything gay and has to comment on it, with every comment saying how sinful and horrible and wrong homosexuality is. I think this could only be because dcsldcd is gay. And a horribly repressed individual who has actually become pretty evil as a result.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,868,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Very true. Who would know best the evils of drug addiction, than a drug addict? Who would know better the evils of alcoholism than an alcoholic? Who would know better the evils of homosexuality, than a homosexual? All are victims of a mental sickness.
What if you found out your best friend or that one of your Family members were a homosexual? What would you do , you would know that they don't have mental illness. What would happen if you saw a gay couple walking in your town? Would you spout your hate message or even attack them? Most Gay ppl these days would attack you back.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 AM

16 posts, read 14,953 times
Default Anti-gay US pastor took rent boy on holiday

This article appeared in todays Irish Independent under the same headline. Can anyone give any more details as the article doesn't go into too much depth.

People never cease to amaze me.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,438,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull McCabe View Post
This article appeared in todays Irish Independent under the same headline. Can anyone give any more details as the article doesn't go into too much depth.

People never cease to amaze me.
Here.... the "family values" fundies at it again

Anti-Gay Leader Caught With Male Prostitute Pleads Ignorance, Then Altruism | TPMMuckraker

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-05...ith-rent-boy/1

Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM

16 posts, read 14,953 times
So does Rekers still deny he's gay?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:09 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,885 times
Quote:
If fair is fair maybe we can all be spared the homosexual propaganda and the anti-God thing. We would all be better off if they kept their beliefs to themselves.
Perhaps if people like you stopped thumping your bible on subjects like homosexuality, there would be less bashing of religion. Spare us the anti gay propaganda and I"m sure less people would spout off anti religion propaganda.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,885 times
Quote:
Very true. Who would know best the evils of drug addiction, than a drug addict? Who would know better the evils of alcoholism than an alcoholic? Who would know better the evils of homosexuality, than a homosexual? All are victims of a mental sickness.
Would you like to give us credible evidence of homosexuality being a mental disorder? And I'm not talking about religious websites/studies. And you wonder why people bash your opinions and religion in general.....stop with the lies.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 AM

813 posts, read 2,033,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What I find interesting is that anti-gay bigots tell gay people to "keep it to themselves and don't shove it down our throats." Anti-Christian bigots tell Christians to "keep it to themselves and don't shove it down our throats." Strange isn't it. One thing all bigots have in common is that they don't want to allow anyone with whom they disagree the freedom to speak.
I do think one can rather easily distinguish the anger and frustration some gay people have towards religious zealots, particularly Christians, and the blissful ignorance of homophobia. There wouldn't be much of the former but for the latter. From my own anecdotal experience, gay people like myself only have a problem with religious people when they seek to limit the rights and liberties of LGBT people because of their own personal beliefs.

The solution is rather simple in theory but difficult in application. If religious zealots don't want to hear about homosexuality and would rather pretend it doesn't exist, then mind your own business and start practicing your religious beliefs instead of improperly using them as a tool to stand in the way of LGBT people seeking basic rights and liberties. That's the only way anyone's going to stop complaining about having anything shoved down their throat. Gay people are not going to just shut up simply because you can't understand them. People need to snap out of it and realize that we are not going to revert back to a time where homosexuality was so shunned that gay people were forced to live their lives in complete secrecy.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,476,711 times
So what does this say about all those who post here ad nauseum about homosexuals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies