Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:09 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,748,515 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Santa Fe Police Confront Man for Open Carring Legally

You know if the camera wasn't there and he didn't know his rights, this American would have been railroaded, and more likely buried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,493,721 times
PLZ,give us the lists of states,where open carry is legal...

Old 05-05-2010, 04:22 PM

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Click on each state for particular details, or visit a State's web site for it's Constitution.

Last edited by irspow; 05-05-2010 at 05:13 PM..

Old 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,493,721 times
Helpful map...

I got so angry that I cannot type straight...

5 Southern red states ,including FL & the reddest TX & OK, prohibit open carry,just as in NY & IL...

With..."pro gun " like those,who needs "anti-gun "..?

Then, they protest about the..."liberal establishment" ...

Old 05-05-2010, 04:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,713,716 times
If you're carrying a chainsaw and walking down the road, you have every right to do so.

But it is pretty much expected that you're going to use it at some point.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:38 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,744,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Helpful map...

I got so angry that I cannot type straight...

5 Southern red states ,including FL & the reddest TX & OK, prohibit open carry,just as in NY & IL...

With..."pro gun " like those,who needs "anti-gun "..?

Then, they protest about the..."liberal establishment" ...
So?

Texas allows Concealed Carry. Is there a major difference between Concealed and Open Carry other than having a gun in plain view?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:07 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,298,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post

YouTube - Santa Fe Police Confront Man for Open Carring Legally

You know if the camera wasn't there and he didn't know his rights, this American would have been railroaded, and more likely buried.
No, I DON'T "know" that. And either do you.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
So?

Texas allows Concealed Carry. Is there a major difference between Concealed and Open Carry other than having a gun in plain view?
Well in many of the Open Carry States people do not even need a "permit". Concealed Carry often requires permits and other hurdles to use your right.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No, I DON'T "know" that. And either do you.
Surely you are not that naive. There is no end to the amount of ill-informed, and outright psychotic misfits, government thugs, at all levels, abusing their power on a daily basis in this country. That is not to say that there aren't good LOE, but sadly, that does not help the many who are abused daily under "color of law" instead of actual law. Maybe we should have a dedicated thread of the blatantly brutal and unjust acts that many of the LOE commit even when they are aware that they are being filmed. It is out there for anyone who wants to see what they would rather turn a blind eye towards. However, that would be another unrelated thread...

Live and let live.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:49 PM

898 posts, read 1,405,171 times
I fully support the right to open carry. I think every law abiding citizen should have every right to carry without any form of paperwork to be filled out or fee to be paid.

But I question this guy's sensibilities. It is fine to video tape the scene, but I think he crossed a boundary in getting so close to the officer. It may not have been illegal (and if he did break a law, he would have been booked or cited, because those cops clearly were not impressed with him) but it wasn't smart either.

This video makes it look like the guy was trying to get police to confront him, and I don't think it is right. Yes, the guy may have been within his rights, but I think he was a bit of a dink. There would have been no police encounter if he (the video taper) had not initiated contact in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies