Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:39 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,140,593 times

Advertisements

If you can't be a good parent then don't be a bad person by bringing another life to the world. Even if you can be a good parent, consider being a good person and adopting a child in need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Most abortions ARE the result of failed birth control.

Abortion-Reasons Women Choose Abortion
Not necessarily. This report says that "Over half of all women who have an abortion used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant". This doesn't necessarily mean that over half actually used a form of birth control during every single sexual act they had during the month they became pregnant. They could have used BC some of the time and used none at other times--a more likely scenario.

And "over half" means "more than 50%". "Most" implies a much greater percentage than 50.01%.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Again, it would seem fairly obvious, if some conservatives deride poor women for "irresponsibly" having children that they "can't pay for" then when those same poor women heed such entreaties, those same conservatives can not then be upset by the increase in the number of abortions these women have to avoid having children that they "can't pay for". In short you can have one or the other, high rates of child birth by indigent women or an increase in the methods that they use to reduce that birth rate.

This ain't rocket science.
The responsible thing is to close your legs, use protection, and be responsible BEFORE getting pregnant.

Your arguement is the same as saying "sure I got wasted drunk, but I didn't drive home, thus getting run over by the bus walking home was responsible".

Once the women is pregnant responsibility is lost.

Nice try though to turn this around for political gain.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and many of them are still having babies they can not afford. Visit parts of NM, any inner city, or any state that is considered economically below average. Look at the number of teens who are pregnant and tell me, those who can't afford babies are not having them. as for choice, you have left out the best choice, it is called birth control or do you think that isn't a viable way to prevent pregancy?

Nita
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Of course the left does not want to see poor children so the poor have learned to kill them.
What did the left expect?
They are having them, they're not having them, they're having them, they're not having them.....could you repugs make up your minds???

Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I guess some conservatives aren't going to get to have their cake and eat it too.

The proportion of abortion patients who were poor increased by almost 60%—from 27% in 2000 to 42% in 2008, according to “Characteristics of U.S. Abortion Patients, 2008,†by Rachel K. Jones, Lawrence B. Finer and Susheela Singh of the Guttmacher Institute. This shift is the most striking change in the profile of women obtaining abortions.

Abortion Has Become More Concentrated Among Poor Women
I am a conservative and am pro-choice.

Think how many more liberals there would be without abortion! Liberals tend to hate kids, so hopefully they will die out in a couple generations.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am a conservative and am pro-choice.

Think how many more liberals there would be without abortion! Liberals tend to hate kids, so hopefully they will die out in a couple generations.
LOL! "Liberals hate kids".....OK, where's the proof? Where's the stats?

If you weren't blind you could see how repug/conservatives are ALWAYS against anything that may help poor children. ALWAYS! Repug/conservative : ""WAHHHH WAHHHH!"Oh, it's entitlement! Oh, a penny of my taxes will help feed poor children ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!"

Yup, they want to control women by outlawing abortion but don't give a damn about the kids after they're born.....repugs WANT children born to those who don't want them.... that's psychotic and cruel....they hate children!!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:03 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
If you can't be a good parent then don't be a bad person by bringing another life to the world. Even if you can be a good parent, consider being a good person and adopting a child in need.
If you can not be a good parent the kill the unborn. Very callous.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

If you weren't blind you could see how repug/conservatives are ALWAYS against anything that may help poor children. ALWAYS! Repug/conservative : ""WAHHHH WAHHHH!"Oh, it's entitlement! Oh, a penny of my taxes will help feed poor children ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!"

Yup, they want to control women by outlawing abortion but don't give a damn about the kids after they're born.....repugs WANT children born to those who don't want them.... that's psychotic and cruel....they hate children!!!!
Straw man argument. prove republican do not care about live kids

Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 AM

26,216 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
If you can't be a good parent then don't be a bad person by bringing another life to the world. ...
That used to be the mantra of TRUE conservatives, that it's abominable to bring a child into the world that you cannot support. That's why Senator Barry Goldwater, the father of modern conservatism, was PROUD that his wife WORKED FOR Planned Parenthood.

I do NOT like abortion, but it needs to be legal. We need to do everything we can to reduce the number of these procedures, and we need to concurrently make sure that all our people have access to knowledge about bodily functions, sex education, economics of parenthood, and especially the prevention of pregnancies and STD's.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Here it is. As I said, liberals hate kids. They are too greedy and self centered to sacrifice thier wine and cheese parties to go to a kid's ballgame.

USATODAY.com - The liberal baby bust

Again, I WANT all you liberals to have as many abortions as you want and keep your birth rates low. In one or two generations, the insanity will be cleansed from the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies