Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I am worried. I cant speak for anyone else. But if someone thinks we can just keep spending and spending and spending and there is no consequences needs to pay attention to whats happening in Greece.
I am worried too. The liberals in this country just say that we should raise taxes, but you can only raise taxes so much and squeeze us so much financially before we go into a depression. I know, I really can't afford any more taxes. I only make $265 a week and still had to pay state income taxes. It was a real struggle to pay those taxes, but I had to do it.

We need to cut spending and do it NOW. Our grandparents survived without entitlements, we can too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
You can bet the Rothschilds are part and parcel of the ECB.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Why would Merkal want to print money when Uncle Ben is so willing to do it for them?Plus you have to look who Ben's buddies are that are in front of the line:
Well, if we are swapping currency with them, we give them USD and they give us something in return. Gold maybe? They figured some way to do this without printing, and it would be nice to know all the details, but I doubt we ever will.

Quote:
Yep,Uncle Ben won't let his boys take a hit.Maybe he will open up a window and give them 100% on their investment and taking there worthless debt as collateral and counting it as a asset.
I wonder if they crashed Greece in order to pick up their assets for nothing. I don't know, but nothing surprises me anymore. Can you imagine what the ECB and the Fed can do if they plot together? They could take down any country they want without firing a shot. Maybe Greece was just a testing ground.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, if we are swapping currency with them, we give them USD and they give us something in return. Gold maybe? They figured some way to do this without printing, and it would be nice to know all the details, but I doubt we ever will.

I wonder if they crashed Greece in order to pick up their assets for nothing. I don't know, but nothing surprises me anymore. Can you imagine what the ECB and the Fed can do if they plot together? They could take down any country they want without firing a shot. Maybe Greece was just a testing ground.
I think the stock market last Thursday was a testing ground.

Look what occurred post that wild and wacky ride on Wall Street....
Fed Audit gets watered down big time.
All the central banks pony up money they don't have for a big bailout fund

Old 05-10-2010, 05:05 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that when unions get things to the place where they can retire at age 50 at 80% of their salary, there is need to worry. This situation is breaking Greece and just think what it would do in this country since unionization of city, county, state and federal workers. Lord have mercy on us.

Athens or Washington, It's the Size of Government - Opinion - PatriotPost.US
Hedge Fund Hyenas and Zombie Banks Attack Greece, Detonating Second Wave of World Depression; Europe Needs Ban on Hedge Funds, CDS, Synthetic CDOs, Plus Tobin Tax; Sarkozy and Berlusconi Should Halt Contagion with Debt Freezes by Greece, Portugal ,Sp

Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I am worried too. The liberals in this country just say that we should raise taxes, but you can only raise taxes so much and squeeze us so much financially before we go into a depression. I know, I really can't afford any more taxes. I only make $265 a week and still had to pay state income taxes. It was a real struggle to pay those taxes, but I had to do it.

We need to cut spending and do it NOW. Our grandparents survived without entitlements, we can too.
Move to another state if you dont' like your state's income tax. Why you feel you should not have to pay taxes at all?

US just had the largest tax cut in the nations history, and now Obama wants to cut more and make Bush's tax cuts permanent, so I don't know what you are talking about raising taxes. Those tax cuts will add 2.2 trillion to the debt over 10 years, so I hope you are happy.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-10-2010 at 05:18 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think the stock market last Thursday was a testing ground.
Could be. Now there are 10 or so different places to buy the same stock, when there used to be just one in the past. The more there are, the more places there are to break and the more vulnerable the system is.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM

Those freaking hedge funds. A wall street hedge fund bought a big slice of the company I work for (75K+ employees), and they placed two guys on the board and now they nominated a CEO who is a known "hyena". He specializes in breaking companies in pieces and selling them to the highest bidder.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that when unions get things to the place where they can retire at age 50 at 80% of their salary, there is need to worry. This situation is breaking Greece and just think what it would do in this country since unionization of city, county, state and federal workers. Lord have mercy on us.

Athens or Washington, It's the Size of Government - Opinion - PatriotPost.US
All you need to do is look at the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) its $500 billion in the red with unfunded liabilities.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Greece has nothing to do with us. When they gave up their right to print money they lost their ability to determine their own future. That and the fact that they produce almost nothing (like us) left them unable to fund government pensions for all and health care for all. We can print money so our only problem is that we don't produce products
I really think that you believe that the 24/7 printing of paper money will keep us above board. Do you know a lot about the inflation that hit China in the 50s from doing just that? Hot damn when the inflation from printing all that worthless paper hits us many will die from not having a wheel barrow full of it to buy bread with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies