Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:23 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times

Advertisements

Mosque Madness At Ground Zero : The Natural Truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero - CNN.com

Quote:
Plans to build a mosque two blocks away from ground zero have set off an emotional debate. Cordoba House project calls for a 15-story community center including a mosque, performance art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces.

The project is a collaboration between the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, both of which work to improve relations with followers of the religion.
Yes, one forgets all Muslims supported the 9/11 attacks.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 AM

90 posts, read 123,761 times
this country is screwed. all this pc bullcrap is going to cost us. great job you idiots that are allowing this!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
this country is screwed. all this pc bullcrap is going to cost us. great job you idiots that are allowing this!!!
What 'pc crap'? One of the founding principles of this country is freedom of religion - that means freedom to practice, worship, build churches, synagogues, mosques...

From the pen of Thomas Jefferson:

"Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.
-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom"

Thomas Jefferson quotes

And, yes, there have always been Muslims in this country, particularly in New Amsterdam and along the east coast:

"In 1638 Anthony Janszoon van Salee(1607-1676) was an original settler of and prominent, wealthy landholder, merchant, and creditor in the New Netherlands colony. Anthony was Jan Janszoon's fourth child, born in 1607 in Cartagena, Spain, from his second wife. In 1624 Anthony was in Salè with his father, and by the 1630s had immigrated to New Netherlands, purchasing a farm on the island of Manhattan in 1638, and becoming one of the original settlers.
In 1654, English explorers from Jamestown reported finding a colony of bearded people"Moors" wearing European clothing, living in cabins engaging in mining, smelting silver and dropping to their knees to pray many times daily in the mountains of what is now, North Carolina."

Muslims In America - Early History

Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,996 times
Let me say that I hate people that change the facts of a story just to incite the mentally challenged. Even more than that I hate a coward that would hide behind anonymity while pushing his agenda.

NY residents fight mosque being built blocks from Ground Zero - KSN TV, Kansas News and Weather

Quote:
The page's administrator asked that we not name him, because of "security concerns."
This ___hole should be held accountable for any problems he causes.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero - CNN.com

Yes, one forgets all Muslims supported the 9/11 attacks.
How many of them have come out and condemned the attacks?

A monument erected by the Muslims to commemorate the occasion.

Let those interested in improving relations with muslims pick another spot.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Let me say that I hate people that change the facts of a story just to incite the mentally challenged. Even more than that I hate a coward that would hide behind anonymity while pushing his agenda.

NY residents fight mosque being built blocks from Ground Zero - KSN TV, Kansas News and Weather

This ___hole should be held accountable for any problems he causes.
Well, it is Facebook - his identity won't be anonymous for long

From the link:

"It would cost about $100 million to build, and fundraising efforts are just now underway. The mosque could be open in three years."

Three years - so, I'm guessing that 9/11/2011, as per the OP's link, is pretty much out of the question

Old 05-14-2010, 07:13 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,203,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
lol yeah religious freedom is stupid pc bullcrap!!! u r so right man!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:16 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
When I heard this, all I can think of was... I wonder what it will look like and if I should take a picture of it... I am not even Muslim/Islam... I care more about beautiful architecture than subtle racism...

Old 05-14-2010, 07:17 AM

90 posts, read 123,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
lol yeah religious freedom is stupid pc bullcrap!!! u r so right man!!!

when it is a religion that is constantly finding ways to blow up as many americans as they can....yes....it is bullcrap. thank you for agreeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies