Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

1. Republicans are Fiscal Conservatives

The party of Bush and Reagan has exploded deficits over the last thirty years while the one “tax-and-spend liberal” in office during that period left office boasting a massive budget surplus.

2. Republicans are Strong on National Security

So where is the proof that the GOP can win wars or keep our country safe? It was Democrats who won World War I and II,

3. Republicans Defend Individual Rights

Let me ask you this: what good will the Second Amendment do you without the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth?

4. Republicans Represent Family Values

It’s conservatives who manage to wrack up new financial and sexual scandals month after month with all-too-predictable consistency.

5. Republicans Just Want Everyone to Have the Same Opportunities

It’s clear now that with Republicans in power, predatory businessmen and idiotic ideologues are always first among equals - and when the check comes due, it’s the people, not the powerful, who pay.

The Five Biggest Republican Lies - The Seminal :: Independent Media and Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
1-Republicans havent been and there is no excuse for that

2-Its a shame you have to go all the way back to WW1-2 to prove democrats are stronger

3-Republicans slipped in this also but lets not pretend democrats protect them anymore then republicans were. Disagree with a democrat and they want to insult you till you just shut up.

4-I would say that republican are more family value yes. Democrats think that simply because someone believes in family values means they are sub human and never going to make a mistake. Democrats forget that people are human and going to make mistakes its about owning that mistake and being responsible for it

5-Republicans arent the ones trying to make people more dependent on the gov for a handout to provide for people.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
1-Republicans havent been and there is no excuse for that

2-Its a shame you have to go all the way back to WW1-2 to prove democrats are stronger

3-Republicans slipped in this also but lets not pretend democrats protect them anymore then republicans were. Disagree with a democrat and they want to insult you till you just shut up.

4-I would say that republican are more family value yes. Democrats think that simply because someone believes in family values means they are sub human and never going to make a mistake. Democrats forget that people are human and going to make mistakes its about owning that mistake and being responsible for it

5-Republicans arent the ones trying to make people more dependent on the gov for a handout to provide for people.
2) WW I and II were the last wars that we won weren't they?

3) Republicans want to get inside our bedrooms and dictate family planning.

4) It is the Republicans who criticize while doing the exact behavior that they are being critical of. Example: Larry Craig

5) If corporations had their way, Americans would be working slave hours for slave wages. We all know who is pro-corporation/anti-union.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:24 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Default The ONE GOP truth...

Most Republican office holders are corporate toadies.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:26 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
The Fiscal thing really chaps my arse. Either the supporters are the biggest liars in the world, or complete morons after eight years of Bushie. The audacity and nerve it takes to **** and moan about spending is really something else.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

3) Republicans want to get inside our bedrooms and dictate family planning.

4) It is the Republicans who criticize while doing the exact behavior that they are being critical of. Example: Larry Craig

5) If corporations had their way, Americans would be working slave hours for slave wages. We all know who is pro-corporation/anti-union.
So only winning a war means you are tough on national security. I would have to disagree with that.

How do republicans want inside your bedroom and dictate your family plans?

Jojajn we are human we all make mistakes. NONE of us are ever going to always live up to the standard we would like to. I dont think its fair to hold republicans to a higher standard then you do yourself or democrats. I say that because you act like democrats are perfect and dont make mistakes.

Unions were important to help set the standards for labor laws but they arent needed to do that anymore since the creation of federal / state labor laws.

How many do those evil corp employee? Can a union do a job without that evil corp hiring them to do something? Do you think you are going to have a job without the evil corp? Just admit it you are anti capitalist.

Last edited by Jadex; 05-14-2010 at 12:45 PM..

Old 05-14-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So only winning a war means you are tough on national security. I would have to disagree with that.

How do republicans want inside your bedroom and dictate your family plans?

Jojajn we are human we all make mistakes. NONE of us are every going to always live up to the standard was would like to. I dont think its fair to hold republicans to a higher standard then you do yourself or democrats. I say that because you act like democrats are perfect and dont make mistakes.

Unions were important to help set the standards for labor laws but they arent needed to do that anymore since the creation of federal / state labor laws.

How many do those evil corp employee? Can a union do a job without that evil corp hiring them to do something? Do you think you are going to have a job without the evil corp? Just admit it you are anti capitalist.
Lately, the Republican congress has done nothing but criticize everything that the Democrats are trying to do.

Our standard of living and median wage dropped under Republicans.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
1. Republicans are Fiscal Conservatives

The party of Bush and Reagan has exploded deficits over the last thirty years while the one “tax-and-spend liberal” in office during that period left office boasting a massive budget surplus.
TRUE! Not all Republicans are fiscal conservatives... the neo-conservatives (Bush, Reagan, etc are in this group) are NOT fiscal conservatives... some republicans are but some are not!

Quote:
2. Republicans are Strong on National Security

So where is the proof that the GOP can win wars or keep our country safe? It was Democrats who won World War I and II,
False! Republicans and Democrats are both strong on National Security however, both have different opinions on how to achieve it. Even within each party there are different opinions on how to achieve it. Majority wins on the methodology... As to Democrats winning WWI/WWII.. horsecrap... party affiliation had NOTHING to do with winning the war.. it was the soldiers that fought these wars and you do them great injustice for claiming it was politics of democrats that won the war...

Quote:
3. Republicans Defend Individual Rights

Let me ask you this: what good will the Second Amendment do you without the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth?
TRUE! Republicans do not always defend individual rights and have a WORSE record than democrats in defending individual rights.. however, democrats often favor "collective rights" over individual rights and they have the worse record for that as well... it seems democrats favor two extremes...

Quote:
4. Republicans Represent Family Values

It’s conservatives who manage to wrack up new financial and sexual scandals month after month with all-too-predictable consistency.
TRUE! Republicans are horrible at family values BUT democrats are NOT better than republicans in the same arena...

Quote:
5. Republicans Just Want Everyone to Have the Same Opportunities

It’s clear now that with Republicans in power, predatory businessmen and idiotic ideologues are always first among equals - and when the check comes due, it’s the people, not the powerful, who pay.

The Five Biggest Republican Lies - The Seminal :: Independent Media and Politics
TRUE! Republicans don't want everyone to have the same opportunities because they favor that individuals make their own opportunities instead of government showering them with money for them to do something. Republicans don't think it is the role of the government to be your nanny forever... the opportunities are there but the government shouldn't be doing all the work for you at other people's expenses...

So... not quite five but you do make some points but to fail to mention that democrats have a worse philosophy, methodology, and ideology...

Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM

214 posts, read 120,389 times
Quote:
Ummm, The Gulf War perhaps?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
Ummm, The Gulf War perhaps?
Tell me how we won either one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies