Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:51 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I will bet $100 it never happened.

Just google "fake hate crimes" it's all just out of hand.
theirs plenty of stories of white victims faking their attacks and accusing a black male of doing it , such as the Philadelphia officer last week or 2 weeks ago who shot himself and lied and said a black male shot him. not to mention his next door neighbors are black.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
a lot of these white posters or posters in general keep saying that the boy is lying.

then again for the past couple decades a lot of white people who lie and accuse a black male of their disgusting nasty ways just so they could try and escape guilt.

like i posted before the Philadelphia cop wanted a transfer so he shoots himself. not very smart so what does he do? yeaaaa he says a black male did it knowing that the cops would be out all night hunting for a black male.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times
Here is a Nashville network talking about this subject.

Police Investigate Suspected Hate Crime Against Teen

ALGOOD, Tenn. – The Algood Police Department is investigating a case that could have left a random 15 year old dead on the street.

The African American teen told police he was walking down Mill Street when an SUV drove by and someone yelled a racial slur. He said then someone pointed a gun at him and fired two shots, one of the bullets hit him in the leg.

Police Investigate Suspected Hate Crime Against Teen - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Old 05-19-2010, 10:00 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
a lot of these white posters or posters in general keep saying that the boy is lying.

then again for the past couple decades a lot of white people who lie and accuse a black male of their disgusting nasty ways just so they could try and escape guilt.

like i posted before the Philadelphia cop wanted a transfer so he shoots himself. not very smart so what does he do? yeaaaa he says a black male did it knowing that the cops would be out all night hunting for a black male.
I never said the kid was lying. Matter of fact, I'm sure it happened pretty much the way he said it did. nevertheless, it's still just another drive by, no more or less despicable than any other by the fact that the perps were white and yelled racial slurs. When a car load of Bloods frags a few , oh, say MS13 types and yells something racial, is that not just as bad as this? Or the same situation in reverse? Why, because this was white guys roling down on a black person does that make it so much worse than any other crime of this type? Answer me own question I will....it don't. There is no wave of white racial violence crashing down on the country folks. Much as some would have us believe there is.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 PM

469 posts, read 579,263 times
The story sounds straight up to me. I believe this black kid. I hope these boys in the pickup are caught and they throw the book at them. This isn't just a shooting, it's attempted murder. And it is absolutely unacceptable behavior. Nothing could possibly make this OK. If it turns out the black kid is lying, then he should be dealt with for his race baiting. Right now I have no reason to think the kid is lying. Absolutely none.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 PM

191 posts, read 143,950 times
I believe the kid.
No reason not to for now.

But dont black people yell racial slurs at other black people during shootings as well?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:28 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times
RACE AND ETHNICITY of Algood Tennessee.

Number Pct Pct Pct

White 2,740 93.1 80.2 75.1

Black or African American 145 4.9 16.4 12.3

American Indian and Alaska native 2 0.1 0.3 0.9

Asian 12 0.4 1.0 3.6

Native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0 0.0 0.0 0.1

Some other race 7 0.2 1.0 5.5

Two or more races 36 1.2 1.1 2.4

Hispanic or Latino

Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 PM

469 posts, read 579,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Same thought came to me, but I'm going to be a bit more blunt. The OP picked this out because it was white guys in a pickup who supposedly yelled 'racial slurs'. Spare me the righteous indignation. There are HUNDREDS of drive bys that happen every day, by gangs of Asian, Hispanic, black and white memberships. Mostly by the latter fist three types, and they yell racial slurs as well. ONE drive by in ONE incident among hundreds involving 'evil white racists' would , however, seem to warrant calling out the flippin' Marines with orders to search and destroy? I'm really, honestly sick and tired of this garbage. This whole mindset that preaches that white people need to feel this seething shame because we are ALL born racists, and are therefore, accountable for the actions of the more ...overt...among the white population and for the acts that are relegated to history. Good grief, a drive by is a drive by. The act of cowards who can't stomach the thought of a stand up fight, and what color the perps are, or what their motives are, matters a fart in a high wind.
You are mitigating. If a white person in a pickup truck shot a black kid, it is the responsibility of every white person in a pickup truck to condemn the act. The knee jerk response is to disbelieve it. I'm white. I drive a pickup. I would never in a million years think of shooting someone out my truck window. But I am not every white person in a pickup truck. There are a bunch of white people who would. And there are many more who will find out about this shooting and in the privacy of their own home applaud it. Yes, there are race baiters. I see no evidence that this kid is lying. Hoping that this kid is lying, because if it is true it is truly disgusting, isn't evidence. And pretending that it's not so bad that some white guys shot at a black kid because blacks commit drive bys all the time, what sort of crap thinking is that?

It is important that when a disgusting inexcusable act happens that it is condemned by people in society who are most closely identified with the actor. I'm white, I drive a pickup, I condemn this behavior. Nothing makes it OK. Nothing mitigates it's seriousness. Do you think this kid is any less shot because drive bys happen in the big city?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFanMan View Post
I believe the kid.
No reason not to for now.

But dont black people yell racial slurs at other black people during shootings as well?

So all black people going around shooting other black people?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:50 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and have you read the story? Don't you see any holes in it? Could it be, what is being claimed didn't really happen? If it did, making jokes is a disgrace, but too many of these stories are proven to be untrue. Can you see that side of this at all? Are you sure it happened?

Nita

Too many of what stories are proven to be untrue? If it is proven to be untrue, he should be punished but when an alleged victim reports that a violent crime was committed against them, I don't look for holes in their story. I feel for them and hope that they find and punish the culprits whoever they are.

More often than not, the victim is telling the truth and it is not just black people who have made up stories about crimes committed against them but you would think that's the case based on some of the comments here. Are your "holes" based on the fact that he was a runaway? The fact still remains that he was shot in a predominately White town with a very small black population yet some people choose to ignore this fact and accuse the victim of lying as if White people are incapable of committing such an atrocity and we all know that is not the case.

Do you think he shot himself just to accuse a White person? What would be his motive? I remember while growing up in Boston, a White man by the name of Charles Stewart killed his wife then shot himself and told police that a black man robbed them and did it. This man had a motive. Not sure what this young black runaway's motive would be here since he was hunched over on the street alone with no gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies