Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:00 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
And Janet Napolitano interpreted it for Holder!

and hilary held the paper for janet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 01:32 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
Why did our politicians allow this foreign leader to talk smack about our country?
Nice picture with Biden and Pelosi sitting behind him as Calderon had the audacity to criticize US Law and our country. It was the most disgusting display I have ever witnessed in my life.
Time for Washington politicians to man-up and not let foreigners publicly wipe their feet on us.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:45 AM

317 posts, read 404,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Why did our politicians allow this foreign leader to talk smack about our country?
Nice picture with Biden and Pelosi sitting behind him as Calderon had the audacity to criticize US Law and our country. It was the most disgusting display I have ever witnessed in my life.
Time for Washington politicians to man-up and not let foreigners publicly wipe their feet on us.
Arizona is a state, not a country. Get your facts straight. Didn't you read the title.

Obama ramps up criticism of "Ariz. Law"

Old 05-21-2010, 07:31 AM

563 posts, read 518,964 times
Quote:
And what's next? Because we did not agree with Calderon, Obama will appologize to him for that. Is it November yet?

Old 05-25-2010, 08:58 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No one is saying it hasnt.

But that doesnt excuse the federal gov from enforcing the laws on the books and then the president blasting a state bill trying to do just that.

When does this Bush did this or that stop being an excuse for Obama not doing something?

We will never make progress on any issue if we keep making excuses for the current president not doing something because the past one didnt either
Welcome to partisan politics. Angry and counterproductive.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
He is a true Alinskyite
Please 'splain this to me Lucy...

Old 05-25-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Obama told us he would make it number 1 to solve---oh well, what am I saying, Obama making a promise---how silly to believe it.
This sums up our political process in a nutshell. Campaigns are full of promises and jargon carefully orchestrated to get out messages that a party / candidate thinks we, his or her perceived constituency, want to hear. It is the ultimate lip service if you ask me. Promise after promise but really how much is delivered? Did "no new taxes" just mean raise the old ones? Please. And I watch tidbits of these speeches, from both sides, with people cheering like they are holding on to every word. Really? Personally, I don't like the fact that I feel hot smoke being blown up my ass.

Face it people. As long as we have privately funded elections, we the people, will likely not truly be represented by whoever is in power. Just who is? IMO, we must look into the larger campaign contributors. And, if I am not mistaken, Goldman Sachs was one of the larger ones for the last two elections, at least. What does that tell you about who is being represented?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
GOP response:

YouTube - Congressman Tom McClintock Tells Mexico To Butt Out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies