Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:43 PM

683 posts, read 429,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You had to do it didn't you, be prepared to hear how smart he/she is and how many degrees she/he has........................which I will give a preemptive response of..................big deal, there are, a lot of educated morons out there, especially teaching in our university's.........he/she is still an androgynous partisan hack who could not work as a journalist any where else but possibly the daily kos or huffnstuffs post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
She reminds me of ITS PAT from Saterday Night Live in the 1990's
I don't really care about her personal choices, questionable fashion or her irritating excuse for humor. She's not a journalist, she's an entertainer marketed to a very specific market and her laughable ratings show that her market is very small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,100,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
She's not a journalist,
She may not have started off to be one, but she is gaining, exponentially, the respect and recognition from those who are. So, call me when Beck, O'Reilly or Hannity get invited to appear on shows such as Meet the Press.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:55 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,684,904 times
Lightbulb Well Alrighty Then...

Quote:
You had to do it didn't you, be prepared to hear how smart he/she is and how many degrees she/he has........................which I will give a preemptive response of..................big deal, there are, a lot of educated morons out there, especially teaching in our university's.........he/she is still an androgynous partisan hack who could not work as a journalist any where else but possibly the daily kos or huffnstuffs post.
You can continue to make supposedly cutting remarks about her gender and her journalistic skills (or, according to you, lack thereof)...

And those of us who enjoy her show will continue to watch, enjoy, and quote it, and her...your jumping up and down like a mean widdle kid because you don't like something collides head-on with the notion that people will watch her if they want to, and not give a flying sideways fart because others don't...in English---don't wanna watch? Exercise your wrist and hit the off button on your remote

Old 05-20-2010, 01:57 PM

9,895 posts, read 10,839,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
She may not have started off to be one, but she is gaining, exponentially, the respect and recognition from those who are. So, call me when Beck, O'Reilly or Hannity get invited to appear on shows such as Meet the Press.
..........you are serious aren't you?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
You can continue to make supposedly cutting remarks about her gender and her journalistic skills (or, according to you, lack thereof)...

And those of us who enjoy her show will continue to watch, enjoy, and quote it, and her...your jumping up and down like a mean widdle kid because you don't like something collides head-on with the notion that people will watch her if they want to, and not give a flying sideways fart because others don't...in English---don't wanna watch? Exercise your wrist and hit the off button on your remote
most of your post is incomprehensible...................Where did Isay anything about watching or not watching? I actually am one of the dozen people that do watch him/her, for me its kind of like watching one of those surgery shows, where you just get completely grossed out but cant stop watching, plus one of these days, I think we will find out which direction in his/her sex transmutation he/she is actually going. You would think he/she has enough dough by now to just go ahead and finish the job.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,100,667 times
Quote:
..........you are serious aren't you?
Deadly serious.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
meet the press? so you are talking about...........david gregory.......'Meet The Press' Ratings Fall To David Gregory's Second-Lowest Ever who else ya got.........Chris mathews I suppose...........me thinks you are looking in the wrong end of the camera.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 PM

683 posts, read 429,622 times
Quote:
Having other biased "newstainment" personalities like her a lot still doesn't make her a journalist in any way, it just makes her popular among her key market. No true journalist would say the things she says on the air, the same goes for all the other people like Beck, Bill and Olbermann. Using your logic Bill Maher and John Stewart are journalist which they clearly aren't, even they admit that openly. Being popular and having a TV show doesn't make you a journalist.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 PM

943 posts, read 783,975 times
Even those who are not politically aligned with Rachel Maddow, should admire that she is one of the few TV journalist and pundits to be responsible. She has interviewed many people with cooky and down right offensive views, but she never jumps and screams at them. She is stern but polite.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:41 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,566 times
Rachel Maddow is a first class journalist, when she has guest on her show she will summarize the particular issue or description of personality. She will then ask the guest if there is anything that she misrepresented.

She comes to her interviews well prepared, so beware of those who attempt to pull the wool over her eyes.

If you didn't watch the video above, it's worth noting that Rand Paul announced his candidacy for Senate a year ago on her show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies