Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,584,379 times

Advertisements

WTJM-TV: People in West Allis were shouting and laughing as a bar tender torched the statue for the crowd. Flames tore through the statue with what looks like duct tape wrapped around it's neck.

Breitbart.tv » Secret Service Investigates After Wisconsin Bartender Burns Obama in Effigy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 12:29 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,917,068 times
Quote:
....Wisconsin Bartender Burns Obama in Effigy.
What a jackass. What did he expect?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:42 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,125 times
his freedom to do so.
Tough, I'd love to hear what this guy had to say about the antiwar protesters during the W years, the dixie chicks, etc...

and how stupid do you have to be to set anything fire indoors, let alone on a WOOD bar?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times
The Iranian government sets up "protests" where they burn our president in effigy too.. Why does this bartender hate America? How unpatriotic...

Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
Reminds me of those liberals who love to burn the American flag.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:01 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Reminds me of those liberals who love to burn the American flag.
Exactly!

How many pictures have been posted of President Bush on fire hanging with a rope around his neck.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
What's the big deal?

The Left routinely did the same with Bush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
The Iranian government sets up "protests" where they burn our president in effigy too.. Why does this bartender hate America? How unpatriotic...
What selective memories the Left has. Bush was routinely burned in effigy by the insane Left, of course that was just fine and dandy...right?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Exactly!

How many pictures have been posted of President Bush on fire hanging with a rope around his neck.
Point to a few that happened in the United States itself. Links please.... I'm sure there are some out there...

And the answer was that the people doing it hated America. But when conservatives do we it you offer congratulations.

I think thats hypocrisy.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
A couple of points...

First as a very conservative, America Loving U.S. Military Vet, I would have either walked out or told the guy he was an idiot for not respecting America and the office of the president. (walked out if I would otherwise take a beat down)

Second, if any liberal tries to act like this is some indication of the violent nature of conservatives or somehow proof that non-liberal white people are racists, I would like to tell you, you are a knuckleheaded methane leak.

The fact is, your buddies (and likely some from C-D) burned George Bush in effigy more than a dozen times. This isn’t different except it seems these people did their act in their own space, and didn’t destroy other people’s property like liberal idiots generally do when they are burning flags or the effigies of presidents.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Point to a few that happened in the United States itself. Links please.... I'm sure there are some out there...

And the answer was that the people doing it hated America. But when conservatives do we it you offer congratulations.

I think thats hypocrisy.
People on the extreme ends of the political spectrum will put up with ANYTHING their party does and hate anything the other party does.

With that said, the irony of you crying hypocrisy is rich and tasty.

The fact that you missed the fact that your own post makes you no better than the right-wingnut hypocrits is even more hillarious but thats how awesome being a blind party follower is, you can't see your own actions that way but when the other wingnuts do it you spot it immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies