Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:14 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Umm...

47% of 2.35 million = 1,104,500
13% of 1,104,500=143,585
Go to the link and read the PDF...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:32 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
If Muslims want to live in America, they better learn to accept this.

If Christians can handle their religion being ridiculed, so can Muslims.

The lefties always say incorrectly that Americans need to be more "understanding" of the Islamic world. It is the Islamic world that needs to show more understanding of America.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
party game...lets pin the nail on the jesus...

you want stupid, and silly ? level the playing ground...

rubb the bahls on the buddha
Yes, those things are very rude. But would it be right to call for the death of the person doing it?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Facebook score:
12 - Draw
117202 - Against Draw

Uh oh...
Don't worry about that.

1. There were over 110,000 (with the ban hammer falling constantly) on the EDMD page before it was finally censored and over 10,000 images were uploaded (and those images are archived all over the internet).

2. The supporters of EDMD were NOT trying to silence the opposition, in fact they were encouraging the people who were against it to exercise their freedom of speech also.

The day was a huge success for freedom. Yes, the page was pulled, but the whole day represents something new in the fight against Islamic extremism, a grassroots protest of normal people, not governments, not corporations, but just regular everyday folks who are fed up with the bully tactics. The extremist can use threats and actual murder to silence some of them/us, but it won't matter because it will just inspire larger protest in response.

I was reading reaction to EDMD on a few Islamic sites, the ones in English, and I can see that EDMD was hurtful to them. I am sorry that regular Muslims who have nothing to do extremism had their feelings hurt, just like am sorry that regular office workers at WTC were murdered just because some douche bag religious fanatics think that it is ok to murder people who don't believe in the same fairy tales that they do (actually some of them did).

The message to the Islamic world is clear, our governments and media may be cowardly and give in to threats, but freedom loving individuals around the world are not and will not.

TL;DR im n ur intarweb drawing ur profitz

Last edited by Lucidus; 05-21-2010 at 08:03 AM..

Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFanMan View Post
Wow. I hope none of these liberals chiming in saying people shouldnt go out of their way to offend radical muslims use the term teabagger on this forum. If so that would be mighty hypocritical.
Well, do the math.

Tea Partiers won't attempt to behead you, stone your wife to death, honor kill or gang rape your daughter or hang your gay, teabagging friends so it's safer to try to offend them.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:50 PM

571 posts, read 943,698 times
While I disagree with the way the EDMD group somehow became a giant gun-waving "I hate browns" fest, I 100% agree with their message. I'll draw whatever the hell I want to draw. If you don't like it, then don't look at it.

Free speech shouldn't be squelched just because some people get offended at the way a cartoonist depicts a religious figure. I am not a Muslim. I live in a Western nation that values freedom of speech & religion. Therefore, I'll draw your prophet if I so choose.

Where are the high-profile moderate Muslims denouncing the actions of the people who sent those death threats to South Park? Why aren't they denouncing the attacks on Lars Vilks in Sweden? If Christians did that, there would be plenty of Christians to rise up and say "we're not all like that" and then prove that they aren't. Not so with Muslims; instead, they cower behind internet bans and secrecy to keep their women obedient and their dissidents silenced. Pathetic, cowardly behavior. I know they exist. I've met plenty of intelligent, moderate, friendly, accepting Muslims who integrate just fine into Western society. Yet, those people don't ever step up and condemn their extremists like Christians do. Why?

Why is Islam given the "PC" shield because it is a religion that a bunch of Middle Eastern people follow? Why is it free from criticism? And when somebody criticizes it like they do to Christianity everyday, they suddenly are threatened with violence? Would this be given the same scrutiny if there were fundamentalist Jews who went into rages and killed everyone who ate pork, so as a result a group was made called "everybody post videos of yourself eating a pulled pork sandwich"?

And the fact that there are some people here who don't yet understand that ALL of us in Western civilization are the enemies of fanatical Islam makes me feel ill. Why don't you try espousing your disdain for religion, or support for gay rights, or feminism, or environmentalism in Iran. Go ahead, try it. Now, I'm not advocating warfare but I am advocating the fact that these people are infiltrating our society & are all too accepted and it is getting to be way too much. They have all but taken over Sweden; the rape rate has SOARED over the past few years due to immigrants from Arabic nations. Hate crimes against Christians, non-believers, LGBT folk, & others have SOARED in Sweden. This is due to their utterly barbaric culture clashing with civilized Western society.

tl';dr:
I have no problems with moderate Muslims who integrate into our society. They are perfectly fine. I do however have a problem with fanatical Islam that seeks to impose its oppressive worldview on others who do not have any interest in that particular belief system. It should be resisted at all costs and not necessarily with violence.

Last edited by UntamedOhioan; 05-21-2010 at 06:59 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 09:18 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
I think the facebook page has gotten a bit out of control, anyone seen it recently? Some of the "art" is going a bit far.

However this South African cartoon is very funny:

Zapiro's Official Website (http://www.zapiro.com/scripts/Zapiro/hfclient.isa?A=Zapiro_Live&L=0O1247051003&AS=FIND| MP|31.20.05.12&F=2 - broken link)

Old 05-22-2010, 11:05 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times
I can haz blessphamy?

Sites back up filthy infidel dogs!

Everybody Draw Mohammed Day! | Facebook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies