Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 03:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
WND:

Since the inscriptions are not legible from the ground, the Park Service displayed a replica inside the monument but placed the side with "Laus Deo" against a wall so it couldn't be seen.

David Barna, director of communications and public affairs for the Park Service in Washington, told WND the original placement of the replica was a mistake and the concealment of the reference to God wasn't intentional.

... So?

Oh roy, you're not going to say out loud that you believe Obama made them do that, are you?
I guess you didn't notice the dates on that one, huh? Finally something like this that we can't blame on The Man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
roy, so is your WND article.

what did you mean, "recently"?
When you reach my age 3 years will be recent.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I see that snopes's article about it is dated 2007.

snopes.com: Laus Deo on Washington Monument Capstone Exhibit
Hey, here is something that I picked up in my research for you.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: Dems love Mexico, hate Arizona

Do you support someone like Weiner because of his D?

Old 05-22-2010, 05:37 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
James McHenry..signer of the Constitution.

Without the Bible, in vain do we increase penal laws and draw entrenchments around our institutions.

Bibles are strong protections. Where they abound, men cannot pursue wicked courses and at the same time enjoy quiet conscience.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:40 PM

George Mason..Signer of the Declaration of Independence

I desire to bless and praise the name of God most high for appointing me my birth in a land of Gospel Light where the glorious tidings of a Savior and of pardon and salvation through Him have been continually sounding in mine ears.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:43 PM

William Paterson..Signer of the Constitution..

"When the righteous rule, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan." This is from Proverbs 29:2

Old 05-22-2010, 05:50 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
I just watch a few minutes of his show and he had two men from I think from Liberty University. At least one of them said the Founding Fathers were Evangelical Christians - where is the evidence for this notion?

I believe most of them were Deists including Washington and Jefferson - meaning they believed that God created man, but certainly not Christians.
There is plenty of evidence, and always has been. It isn't a "notion". You've been taught a lie.

When I was young and in grade school, everyone knew that they were Christians. That is when our history was taught in school.

The mans book is well footnoted, and all original sources. The "revisionists" have distorted our history for many years.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Beck's viewers wouldn't have a clue, one way or the other.
And what makes you say that, buddy boy? What makes you so damn smart?

Beck's viewers are better informed than you are, obviously.

Sorry, but it is you that hasn't got a clue. Worse, you won't even bother to learn the truth. You'd rather wallow in ignorance.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:55 PM

Benjamin Rush...Signer of the Declaration of Independence. Surgeon General of the Continental Army, Ratifier of the Constitution.

"The Gospel of Jesus Christ prescribes the wisest rules for just conduct in every situation of life. Happy they who are enabled to obey them in all situations!"

"The only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government is the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by means of the Bible"

"The great enemy of the salvation of man, in my opinion, never invented a more effective means of limiting Christianity from the world than by persuading mankind that it was improper to read the Bible at schools."

"Christianity is the only true and perfect religion; and… in proportion as mankind adopt its principles and obey its precepts, they will be wise and happy."

"The Bible… should be read in our schools in preference to all other books because it contains the greatest portion of that kind of knowledge which is calculated to produce private and public happiness."

Liberals have distorted the truth regarding the Founders and subsequent leaders of this country regarding their belief in Christianity and the Holy Bible.

America is a Christian Nation.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
You mean Beck and his drones are trying to rewrite history? What a shocking revelation
No, history has already been rewritten. Beck (and others) are trying to set the record straight, using original sources. What better place to go than to the words of the founders themselves? Right?

Why not inform yourself? Why wallow in ignorance all your life? You have been taught a lie. Are you going to continue to believe it, or are you going to learn the truth?

Buy the damn books and educate yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies