Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,368,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
DON'T listen to Doggie Beck and DON'T give into his delusions.
You know what? I have learned through your many postings on many issues that your opinion is worth zero. You are the one that should not be listened to. You just repeat the lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You can see his shows at: Watch The Glenn Beck Show- May 21, 2010- Founders' Friday- Revisionist History any time of day in case you miss his evening show.

Whoops, I forgot that you aren't brave enough to watch him and see your heroes exposed for what they really are. I guess I will just leave the link there so maybe some inquisitive minds can see him the easy way.
They like their lies better than they like truth. They love those blinders.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
We can read the transcripts, which are bad enough, thanks.
Why not go to the source and read the books for yourself? Why take Beck's word? The books are from original sources, i.e. the words of Washington and the others; their own writings.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:11 PM

24,865 posts, read 24,452,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
I just watch a few minutes of his show and he had two men from I think from Liberty University. At least one of them said the Founding Fathers were Evangelical Christians - where is the evidence for this notion?

I believe most of them were Deists including Washington and Jefferson - meaning they believed that God created man, but certainly not Christians.
Surely, some of the "founding fathers" would have been identified as evangelical Christians.

That said, the vast majority were Deists and Baptists, with a few Quakers thrown in for good measure.

Baptists in the 18th and 19th century, were quite different from the "southern baptist" types we have today.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,239,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why not go to the source and read the books for yourself? Why take Beck's word? The books are from original sources, i.e. the words of Washington and the others; their own writings.
Since Beck didnt say anything about the book other than "Buy this!", Im not sure what you mean by "his word." I had to look over at Amazon to see what it was about; according to the transcript of the relevant Glennie show they do not discuss it, they spend the airtime attacking "social justice." The only thing the author himself said that was at all related to the book was that promoting it on Glenn's show moved it way up the charts.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,352,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Since Beck didnt say anything about the book other than "Buy this!", Im not sure what you mean by "his word." I had to look over at Amazon to see what it was about; according to the transcript of the relevant Glennie show they do not discuss it, they spend the airtime attacking "social justice." The only thing the author himself said that was at all related to the book was that promoting it on Glenn's show moved it way up the charts.
Way up the chart from about 175th to second just one day after Beck said to read it. I think that you may be able to learn some things by reading the book since you don't want to think that Washington was a Christian. Of course, nothing Lillback says would agree with anything Think Progress or Media Matters says so you might have a little trouble with his book.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:59 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,664,074 times
I am very glad that I force myself to listen to Glenn Beck's TV show.
I have to say force though because all it usually does is upset me, I don't want to believe all of these things are going on but I am glad that he has made me aware that it is very possible. He makes a lot of sense, (even though his personality rubs me the wrong way at times) and there is one thing that really makes me wonder.
If he is lying about all of these things, why hasn't he been sued???
There is something else that I wonder about and this is concerning both sides.
How can anybody truly know what anybody else really is?
How can you really know if a person is a true Christian?
I guess you can get a pretty good idea if you know that person but after all of this time, I don't think anybody could say for sure either way.
They would have to say, "it seems he was" but watch out if they say, "he was".
I have just been thinking about this.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,239,651 times
Quote:
since you don't want to think that Washington was a Christian.
Why do you say this, roy?
Quote:
Of course, nothing Lillback says would agree with anything Think Progress or Media Matters says so you might have a little trouble with his book.
What a strange thing to say.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,578,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Beck's viewers wouldn't have a clue, one way or the other.
whow you so smart, clue us in

Old 05-22-2010, 10:43 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,578,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Surely, some of the "founding fathers" would have been identified as evangelical Christians.

That said, the vast majority were Deists and Baptists, with a few Quakers thrown in for good measure.

Baptists in the 18th and 19th century, were quite different from the "southern baptist" types we have today.
how were 18th and 19th baptist deffrent then todays baptist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies