Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
YOU owe me one. You assumed I was a Conservative. Also, you are speaking about things you know absolutely nothing about. This oil spill means nothing to you, so why are you even posting on this thread? Is it just to argue with the ones of us who are truly concerned?
I was referring to Happy Texan. I'm sorry I assumed you are a conservative. Beyond that, I am not speaking abou things I know absolutely nothing about, and it is untrue that the oil spill means nothing to me. Even if that were true, I'm hardly the only one posting who does not live in LA.

Why am I posting on this board? Because I'm interested in the topic. Is that OK with you? It's good enough for the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did I mention your name ? Look back at these posts..many are defending Obama and yet they bashed Bush for not acting quick enough with Katrina.
No, you replied to someone who was replying to me. I don't think CD was even in existence when Katrina occurred, so it's a little disingenous to state that many were bashing Bush about his handling of Katrina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,321,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was referring to Happy Texan. I'm sorry I assumed you are a conservative. Beyond that, I am not speaking abou things I know absolutely nothing about, and it is untrue that the oil spill means nothing to me. Even if that were true, I'm hardly the only one posting who does not live in LA.

Why am I posting on this board? Because I'm interested in the topic. Is that OK with you? It's good enough for the mods.

No, you replied to someone who was replying to me. I don't think CD was even in existence when Katrina occurred, so it's a little disingenous to state that many were bashing Bush about his handling of Katrina.
He was not saying that CD was in existence when Katrina occured. Don't you get the fact that he was trying to say you can't have it both ways? If Bush was guilty for his lack of response to Katrina, then isn't Obama just as guilty for his lack of response to the oil spill in the Gulf? Many people were critical of Bush during Katrina, and yet many of these same people are quick to defend Bush. He was not talking about here on CD.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
He was not saying that CD was in existence when Katrina occured. Don't you get the fact that he was trying to say you can't have it both ways? If Bush was guilty for his lack of response to Katrina, then isn't Obama just as guilty for his lack of response to the oil spill in the Gulf? Many people were critical of Bush during Katrina, and yet many of these same people are quick to defend Bush. He was not talking about here on CD.
I'm saying you can't compare the two on CD b/c we didn't have CD during Katrina. Yes, there have been many threads since that blame Bush, Nagin, the residents of NO, and everyone else under the sun. These threads have all been written with 20/20 hindsight. But this thread is supposed to be about Obama's response to the oil spill, not Bush's response to Katrina.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:

Go look at the posts in this thread Katiana..this thread.
There seems to be a double standard here regarding a President's response to a disaster..whether it's man made or natural.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I'm saying you can't compare the two on CD b/c we didn't have CD during Katrina. Yes, there have been many threads since that blame Bush, Nagin, the residents of NO, and everyone else under the sun. These threads have all been written with 20/20 hindsight. But this thread is supposed to be about Obama's response to the oil spill, not Bush's response to Katrina.
There are posts about Bush's response to Katrina on this thread. Have you read the whole thing?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
There are posts about Bush's response to Katrina on this thread. Have you read the whole thing?
Yes, I have. However, per the TOS we are supposed to stay on topic. The thread is not about Bush's handling of Katrina. Many of these posts about Bush were made by RW conservatives who are saying, "If this happened under Bush, the left would be screaming", etc. If someone wants to start a thread comparing Bush/Katrina v Obama/the gulf spill, fine. But that is not what this thread is supposed to be about. It seems to be the agenda of the OP to bash Obama's handling of the oil spill. This has nothing to do with Bush/Katrina.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
It has been very evident to me from the day this man took office that he does not understand what his job is. It is not his job to help people make their house payments or to decide which companies survive, but it is his job to protect the citizens of the United States and secure our borders, etc. This oil spill is not only a threat to us, but to other countries too. We all know who caused the oil spill and they can work out who pays later. Right now the spill needs to be fixed. And talking about who caused it is not going to get it done.

The really incredible thing to me is how much time was wasted in making sure that we all got to see it. I don't care anything about seeing the oil spill, I want it stopped. Pointing fingers gets absolutely nothing done.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,219,705 times
Quote:
That's hilarious coming from a conservative: more government involvement! LOL! Keep that in mind when talking about health care, education, etc.
There are some things the federal government should be involved in, and some things it shouldn't. Working with the states to protect from a multi-state natural disaster, or even a man made one is one of those things they should be involved with.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:41 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,343,008 times
Commander in Chief says no cameras?

YouTube - Oil Spill - CBS Threatened With Arrest For Filming The Oil Spill

Old 05-23-2010, 09:43 PM

I don't really care whose fault it is, what happened in the past, or what anyone's politics are. All I care about is that this oil spill is cleaned up. So far, I don't think BP or the government has responded effectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies