Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Don't forget the CA bashing and the rehasing of "kids sent home for wearing the flag" issue. Methinks this poster has never set foot in CA yet somehow knows all about it...and it's all bad. LOL!!!
Exactly!!!

What's with all the California bashing lately?? It's a beautiful day out, sunny, 75 degrees with clear skies, there's no need to be sad or angry!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
I'll take the conservative states. I've lived in NY. That wont happen again. While there is some benefits to living there. Like the Pizza is great lol the cost of living there is ridiculous. To pay that amount for a tiny apartment is for the birds. The stress is not worth it.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:34 PM

201 posts, read 235,752 times
i have lived in two of the most liberal states and now live in one of the most conservative (have lived in other bible-belt states too)

hands down, liberal state, with the exception of California wins over conservative states hands down, no questions asked, any time. I just don't like the quakes in Cali, so that's the exception.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:44 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot83 View Post
Conservative for the most part. I just want a place where my life is not interfered with.
I find the most conservative states are the ones who interfere the most.

Radical right wingers who want government out of their business however they want to control abortion rights, prevent gays from getting married or having the same rights the rest of us enjoy, etc.

I have lived in both blue and red states and find the blue states interfere the least.
JMO

Old 05-24-2010, 08:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I find the most conservative states are the ones who interfere the most.

Radical right wingers who want government out of their business however they want to control abortion rights, prevent gays from getting married or having the same rights the rest of us enjoy, etc.

I have lived in both blue and red states and find the blue states interfere the least.
JMO
So what are the states that interfere the least with both personal and economic freedoms?

Probably the PNW states or the Upper New England states? Or even New Mexico?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So what are the states that interfere the least with both personal and economic freedoms?

Probably the PNW states or the Upper New England states? Or even New Mexico?
Upper New England states for sure.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:11 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
I've lived in a conservative area of a 'purple' state (VA) and I now live in a blue state, WI. I'll take WI any day. The people are so much more friendly and people don't try to push their beliefs on me.

And to whoever was the ridiculous one that said wherever liberals live, they ruin everything, explain to me why the best colleges in the US are in blue states, blue states control the economy with cities such as NYC and DC, why red states have much higher divorce rates (despite them going on and on about family values), etc. The list could go on and on. It's a proven fact the blue states have higher education than red ones.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:14 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Republic of Texas has it's issues, but nothing in comparison to those Progressive States and their State income tax to pay for their nanny states.
Uh, the following states have a state income tax: Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, Louisiana, Arkansas, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Idaho, Montana, the list goes on.

Would you consider those "progressive states" with "nanny states?"

Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
I've lived in a conservative area of a 'purple' state (VA) and I now live in a blue state, WI. I'll take WI any day. The people are so much more friendly and people don't try to push their beliefs on me.

And to whoever was the ridiculous one that said wherever liberals love, the ruin everything, explain to me why the best colleges in the US are in blue states, blue states control the economy with cities such as NYC and DC, why red states have much higher divorce rates (despite them going on and on about family values)
Not only higher divorce rates, but higher VD rates - the Deep South has the highest in the entire US, and that's a very red region (Louisiana less so when it comes to state and local elections).

Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
And to whoever was the ridiculous one that said wherever liberals live, they ruin everything, explain to me why the best colleges in the US are in blue states, blue states control the economy with cities such as NYC and DC, why red states have much higher divorce rates (despite them going on and on about family values), etc. The list could go on and on. It's a proven fact the blue states have higher education than red ones.
That is easy: educated people are "elitists," while those without an education are "real America." Just ask Sarah Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies