Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times

Advertisements

Consider this:

1) The President's message has not been well received on the whole. Foreign policy failures have prevailed, so far, and domestic policy successes such as healthcare reform have pushed the pendulum back in the direction of conservatism. Big Democratic losses are expected in 2010.

2) Multitudes of Czars and the radical PelosiReid machine were allowed to dictate the message on Cap And Trade, Healthcare Reform, the Stimulus, Auto Bailouts, Executive Pay, Wall Street Reform, and TARP. Obama has been content with taking a stand on the sidelines while his minions did the marketing. Only when the message was imperfectly portrayed by conservative adversaries did Obama take interest in actually taking a leadership role. Too little, too late appears to be the trend.

3) The Gulf Oil Leak, and the government's response, has been tepid at best, abyssmal at worst. Whether its due to a cozy relationship with Big Oil at the highest levels, or pure complacency, Obama's Team has allowed the perception of relative concern dwindle to a message of total deference to BP. Again, too little too late.

All of these things, and many others, add up to gigantic political fallout for Obama and Democrats. I predict that when the Obama acknowledges the writing on the wall, he'll have no choice but to force out the political operatives who have not done the President any favors in terms of dictating the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,822 times
Could we get that total upheavel this year? I'm pretty sick of watching these bimbos destroy people lives and childrens futures.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,079,236 times
I predict if the Republicans gain any sort of power within the next few years it won't be too long afterwards until people wake up to what a bunch of self-serving, social zealot, fearmongering crooks they are...AGAIN.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:35 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I predict if the Republicans gain any sort of power within the next few years it won't be too long afterwards until people wake up to what a bunch of self-serving, social zealot, fearmongering crooks they are...AGAIN.
I dunno. I think they'll take one or both houses of congress this year. And as we saw with both Clinton/Gingrich and Reagan/O'Neill, divided government can produce some pretty amazing results. So people will be happy and hopefully the teabaggers will mellow out.

That said, I don't think the Republicans have a chance to get the Presidency in 2012. It's too soon after Bush, and they will without a doubt go with a whacko with no independent appeal.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
The Dems are no better than the Repubs.

Either one in office do not have our interests in the forefront.
We all know who Washington caters to and it's not us.
The party is a mere deflection to keep us at each others throats over which party is "the best" with the least destructive agenda.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:50 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Consider this:

1) The President's message has not been well received on the whole. Foreign policy failures have prevailed, so far, and domestic policy successes such as healthcare reform have pushed the pendulum back in the direction of conservatism. Big Democratic losses are expected in 2010.

2) Multitudes of Czars and the radical PelosiReid machine were allowed to dictate the message on Cap And Trade, Healthcare Reform, the Stimulus, Auto Bailouts, Executive Pay, Wall Street Reform, and TARP. Obama has been content with taking a stand on the sidelines while his minions did the marketing. Only when the message was imperfectly portrayed by conservative adversaries did Obama take interest in actually taking a leadership role. Too little, too late appears to be the trend.

3) The Gulf Oil Leak, and the government's response, has been tepid at best, abyssmal at worst. Whether its due to a cozy relationship with Big Oil at the highest levels, or pure complacency, Obama's Team has allowed the perception of relative concern dwindle to a message of total deference to BP. Again, too little too late.

All of these things, and many others, add up to gigantic political fallout for Obama and Democrats. I predict that when the Obama acknowledges the writing on the wall, he'll have no choice but to force out the political operatives who have not done the President any favors in terms of dictating the message.
Add the problem with Sestak

Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Add the problem with Sestak
You're absolutely right. The White House has a problem on its hands. Not only did Sestak out the White House, he continues to maintain his position. If I was a betting man, i'd wager that Sestak wishes that he'd never made the claim to begin with. Now he has to walk the thin line of credibility while hoping to keep someone in the White House out of jail.

This goes to show that the White House truly has no control over the message that it sends. If a position was offered to Sestak, then you'd think that someone, anyone in the White House would see to it that Sestak didn't blab about it. Someone fell down on the job.

I see a shake-up coming soon.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:13 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
hussein obama is losing his boot licking liberal media and when that goes it's all downhill from there.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're absolutely right. The White House has a problem on its hands. Not only did Sestak out the White House, he continues to maintain his position. If I was a betting man, i'd wager that Sestak wishes that he'd never made the claim to begin with. Now he has to walk the thin line of credibility while hoping to keep someone in the White House out of jail.

This goes to show that the White House truly has no control over the message that it sends. If a position was offered to Sestak, then you'd think that someone, anyone in the White House would see to it that Sestak didn't blab about it. Someone fell down on the job.

I see a shake-up coming soon.
Problem with this issue is, Holder is in charge of 'this' going anywhere.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama is losing his boot licking liberal media and when that goes it's all downhill from there.
Yes. The liberal media, who loves a good environmental headline, are caught in an interesting dilemma. It's hard to express undying, unwavering support for the President when its clear that he's not taking a leadership role in the Gulf Oil Spill. So far, i'm seeing the media taking the President to task, which is a welcome sign.

The Gulf Oil Spill has the possibility of undoing this President if he doesn't get out front and ahead of the message. Right now he's making a colossal mistake by leaning on BP as heavily as he is to formulate a response. This is Obama's Katrina in the making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies