Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 07:24 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
<H1>Too Close for Comfort? Author Penning Sarah Palin Expose Moves Next Door to Her
Quote:

Joe McGinniss' Book, Slated for 2011 Release, Is Being Written in Wasilla, Alaska

The Palins, whose ever-expanding compound is bustling with construction, are putting up a new fence that they hope will block McGinniss' view. Palin took to Facebook Wednesday to complain about McGinniss.
"Yes, that Joe McGinniss. Here he is about 15 feet away on the neighbor's rented deck overlooking my children's play area and my kitchen window," the former governor wrote. "We're sure to have a doozey to look forward to with this treasure he's penning. Wonder what kind of material he'll gather while overlooking Piper's bedroom, my little garden, and the family's swimming hole?"
</H1>Sarah Palin Expose? Author Joe McGinniss Moves Next Door in Wasilla, Alaska, Neighborhood - ABC News

YouTube - Does Palin Have Case vs. Writer/Neighbor?

This is so out of bounds! If I was Todd Palin, I'd have to forget about the nicey nice stuff and introduce myself to this guy. Here's hoping the the town folks will give this guy a little harassment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Poor Sarah the whiner is now helping him sell books. As I said in the other thread on this topic, if Team Palin had been on their toes that rental unit 15 feet from their property would have never been available to the public in the first place. It's a security risk and her team let her down by not seeing that. She's in the big leagues now, putting herself in with the movers and shakers and making the big paycheck, but she's still acting like no one cares about her comings and goings but the moose and squirrels up there.

And by the way, one author does not represent the entire liberal media, not to mention that the local police have said he has done nothing illegal. So put your unjustified labels back in their boxes.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
</H1>Sarah Palin Expose? Author Joe McGinniss Moves Next Door in Wasilla, Alaska, Neighborhood - ABC News

This is so out of bounds! If I was Todd Palin, I'd have to forget about the nicey nice stuff and introduce myself to this guy. Here's hoping the the town folks will give this guy a little harassment.
There's already VERY recently been a long boring thread on this stupid subject and it got locked.

Now take your chest pounding caveman act and read it....it'll save you time.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Mr. McGinniss is a best-selling author who has written several political books. Sarah Palin is a political figure. She is an ex-Governor of Alaska, and a previous candidate for Vice President of the United States. She now earns her living making speeches and writing about her political experiences. Her snide comments about Mr McGinniss, though entertaining, skirted the edges of slander.

Mr. McGinniss is almost 70 years old. He isn't a stalker, and he isn't a Peeping Tom. He isn't a spy, he has no interest in Piper. He has outstanding professional credentials. He is a respected journalist and author. He has elected to write a book about Mrs Palin. She is choosing not to cooperate, which is certainly her right, and if I were in her shoes, I believe I would make the same choice. But that doesn't justify the way she has tried to attack Mr McGinniss in her Facebook column, and it doesn't justify her supporters on this forum actually crossing the line and slandering Mr McGinniss.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Wow, your hatred of Palin is so great that you're blaming her for the author moving next door to someone else's private property? So if someone takes upskirt photos of women on the street, that's the woman's fault as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Poor Sarah the whiner is now helping him sell books. As I said in the other thread on this topic, if Team Palin had been on their toes that rental unit 15 feet from their property would have never been available to the public in the first place. It's a security risk and her team let her down by not seeing that. She's in the big leagues now, putting herself in with the movers and shakers and making the big paycheck, but she's still acting like no one cares about her comings and goings but the moose and squirrels up there.

And by the way, one author does not represent the entire liberal media, not to mention that the local police have said he has done nothing illegal. So put your unjustified labels back in their boxes.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:07 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Oh, and BTW, your photo of that mob is a PERFECT, PERFECT example of an "intelligent" arm of the righties! Mob rule is their game, violence is their name.

Someone you don't like rents a house..."""LIGHT THE TORCHES, LYNCH 'EM!"""

That historical motto of repug/rightists......

Old 05-27-2010, 08:08 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
1. he's admitted to wanting to write a book about the Palins
2. he's rented property that looks into the Palin's property
3. he's a peeping tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Mr. McGinniss is a best-selling author who has written several political books. Sarah Palin is a political figure. She is an ex-Governor of Alaska, and a previous candidate for Vice President of the United States. She now earns her living making speeches and writing about her political experiences. Her snide comments about Mr McGinniss, though entertaining, skirted the edges of slander.

Mr. McGinniss is almost 70 years old. He isn't a stalker, and he isn't a Peeping Tom. He isn't a spy, he has no interest in Piper. He has outstanding professional credentials. He is a respected journalist and author. He has elected to write a book about Mrs Palin. She is choosing not to cooperate, which is certainly her right, and if I were in her shoes, I believe I would make the same choice. But that doesn't justify the way she has tried to attack Mr McGinniss in her Facebook column, and it doesn't justify her supporters on this forum actually crossing the line and slandering Mr McGinniss.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, your hatred of Palin is so great that you're blaming her for the author moving next door to someone else's private property? So if someone takes upskirt photos of women on the street, that's the woman's fault as well?
Yes, I am blaming her security people for not foreseeing that rental unit so close to the property line is a danger. They should have rented it themselves to prevent what happened from happening. They are lucky that it got rented to a respectable author and not the National Inquirer with their invasive cameras. And let's not forget she is not a victim of anything unlawful here so your comparison to the upskirt photos is irrelevant. She is the victim of her own incompetency, though, for not putting her family's safety before that big construction project she's got going next door.

By the way, it wouldn't matter if we were talking about a public figure who I really loved, I'd still say it was stupid, short-sighted and dangerous that the rental wasn't seen as a security risk. Heads should roll over that, but no she chooses to make a big public deal over it. She just loves playing the victim, doesn't she.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-27-2010 at 08:31 AM..

Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,663,264 times
She has chosen to make herself a public figure. It has reaped her many rewards, from the opportunity to be the vice presidential candidate of a major political party, to a wardrobe worthy of a princess, to the chance to spread her political views far beyond any opportunity she would have had as a former half-term governor of a small state, to millions of dollars in cash income.

She is in no position now to complain that the publicity she so eagerly sought is resulting in attention from people she might prefer didn't look quite so closely into her life.

Also, what liberal media are you talking about? Joe McGinniss hasn't worked for a newspaper in over forty years and he's probably either doing the book on spec or went out and found a publisher to pay him an advance to write it. He's one guy. Like him or not (and I doubt that any of the posters attacking him here or former half-term governor Sarah Palin has ever read any of his books), he's entitled to carry out his profession of reporting on public figures and writing about them.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
1. he's admitted to wanting to write a book about the Palins
2. he's rented property that looks into the Palin's property
3. he's a peeping tom
I'm sorry, I think you made a mistake. Logically, number 3 should read:

3. he's a neighbor

Because, as I'm sure you know, being a peeping tom is breaking the law. Mr McGinniss has never been prosecuted or even accused of breaking the law in this manner. Proclaiming such a think in public, is called SLANDER. And that is also AGAINST THE LAW.

If the Palin's were concerned about the rental property adjacent to their compound, they have had ample funds and opportunity to do something about it.

In the meantime, Mrs Palin's innuendo-filled diatribe just skirted the edge of SLANDER. You crossed the line. Which is exactly what Mrs Palin seems to have desired, because she wants to demonize the author before he even starts writing. What is she afraid of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies