Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:18 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,113,180 times

Advertisements

hussein obama, the self appointed dictator tries to put a stranglehold on any negative media that would prove what a failure he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,069,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I am wondering how they can rightfully stop them? I think "the folks in charge" do not want everyone to see how bad this spill really is and report it to the rest of the world.
You got it.

How does a plane or chopper full of reporters/photographers hamper the situation?

Old 05-29-2010, 10:14 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,805,326 times
Who cares. There isn't a person on the planet who doesn't know it is BP's fault. Sam Champion has been swimming around in it all week. I don't need to see a picture of a duck covered in oil to know there is a problem.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Who cares. There isn't a person on the planet who doesn't know it is BP's fault. Sam Champion has been swimming around in it all week. I don't need to see a picture of a duck covered in oil to know there is a problem.
Out of sight, out of mind...to a point.

I'm sure the WH would like to mitigate the damage to obama as much as possible, and suppressing pictures and reports of what it looks like from the air and on the ground is one way of doing that.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:30 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,771,292 times
hmm i thought the obamanator had the heel of his boot on bps throught.. well i guess not.!!! looks like the other way around.. bp staged the fake clean up for the obamanator and he went on like he didn't notice it, looks like he has his little finger on bp's shoulder

i believe bp wanted the top kill to fail so they could resume oil capture methods..it's not like the top kill junk shot has never happend they knew it would fail just like it did in the 1979 bop blowout in the gulf..

msnbc.com Video Player
to anybody that has not seen this video watch entire vid^^^

Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 PM

138 posts, read 165,843 times
We are cursed with dumb lazy idiots in the white house.
I'm expecting Nobama will announce he's enlisting the help of the cast of the movie Armageddon. Bruce Willis did a pretty swell job in the movie after all...
If it was up to me we would just start chucking liberals into the gulf. Probably wouldn't plug the leak, but at least we would have some peace and quiet.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 PM

438 posts, read 504,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
by...BP? Now, pardon me, but who the hell put BP in charge of our coastal areas and waters? Who gave them the authority or more likely, who is "allowing" them to dictate the conditions by which media is allowed into these areas?

One guess?

If the public can't see the damage and destruction, then I guess they won't place blame were it belongs...right?

Gulf Oil Spill: Media Access 'Slowly Being Strangled Off'

I don't really know why observers and media are being restricted from viewing the spill. It all sounds really fishy.

The FAA, CG and BP are working together - They are restricting flights with reporters and photographers aboard - normally, there are no such restrictions.

Why would there be now?

"Access has been hampered by a cumbersome approval process that stretched all the back to the White House.

Well, we can understand their reticence to allow reporters and photogs to see, print and air the devastation, can't we?

You need the WH to sign off before touring the spill zone.

Is this not the most incredible thing you've ever heard?
The White House and media pressured BP to release their video footage.

BP Releases Oil Spill Video After Pressure From White House and Media - ABC News

I don't know why the media/observers are prevented from observing the damage. It all sounds very fishy!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 PM

438 posts, read 504,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
We are cursed with dumb lazy idiots in the white house.
I'm expecting Nobama will announce he's enlisting the help of the cast of the movie Armageddon. Bruce Willis did a pretty swell job in the movie after all...
If it was up to me we would just start chucking liberals into the gulf. Probably wouldn't plug the leak, but at least we would have some peace and quiet.
It was under the conservative Republican oil men administration of Bush-Cheney admin that the government decided not to force oil companies to adopt stricter safety regulations.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,771,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
The White House and media pressured BP to release their video footage.

BP Releases Oil Spill Video After Pressure From White House and Media - ABC News

I don't know why the media/observers are prevented from observing the damage. It all sounds very fishy!
bp had video footage of all the leaks from the first day they sent the first rov down to inspect the bop.. it's totally criminal and they should be tried and convicted and hung out to dry for withholding video evidence.. thay said it acually didn't matter how much oil was leaking from the well,, like hello

Old 05-30-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
It was under the conservative Republican oil men administration of Bush-Cheney admin that the government decided not to force oil companies to adopt stricter safety regulations.
If things were so bad, obama could have changed the regulations, instead his administration has given over 20 waivers, inspected the rig just 10 days before the explosion.

The time to blame bush for his incompetence is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies