Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:04 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,842,770 times

Advertisements

Wasn't Bill Ayers once a choir boy? Must be he's soooo...good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Your link to Media Matters contained some bits that just weren't fitting for it. Let me suggest that these words:

Ayers, Dohrn and Evans' Code Pink have led several recent Free Gaza Movement initiatives, including attempted marches into the Gaza Strip. Dorhn was in the Middle East just last month on behalf of the movement.

Ayers and Dohrn were close associates for years with President Obama, while Evans was a fundraiser and financial bundler for Obama's presidential campaign.

come right out of that link.

Now in that article Media Matters provided some of their "discrediting" of Palin words and I found them saying that Ayers and Obama were never close associates. When will those at Media Matters stop making these conflicting statements? In order to do their appointed job maybe never.

I loved the Media Matters crap about Klein rushing in to link those people with the event the other day. Of course, they went on to say that Dohrn was in the Middle East just weeks ago. Could there have been some planning going on then? Do these three people just happen to be the most important members of the Free Gaza bunch that outfitted three of the six ships? I wonder how many of their activists are jihadists.

Did you know that the day the ships were "accosted" by those Israelis the Turks were talking about a number of those on the ships were writing their end of life papers? Yep, they knew they might just force the killing of them.

Stick Media Matters where the sun don't shine because that is where they belong.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
People involved in politics host gatherings in their homes all the time, sometimes for people they only know vaguely. As was the case in this instance. Family friends---nope. Buddies----nope. People who belonged to the same political party and shared some political goals---yes.

So, hokum.
What was the name of the political party that Obama belonged to back then?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And you know that. How?

Anybody in their position would be.

What water? Egypt has lifted its blockade. They implemented it to begin with on political reasons (Hamas winning democratic elections).

I see the water from the Dead sea is magical.
Why are media outside Media Matters, Think Progress and Huff Po talking about the fact that the Egyptians are still involved? You know why and so do I.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ethically you've got to be one the most callous doctors in America. How old are you now? I can only assume your senile.

* since the intensification of the siege in June 2007, "the formal economy in Gaza has collapsed" (More than 80 UN and aid agencies)

* "61% of people in the Gaza Strip are … food insecure," of which "65% are children under 18 years" (UN FAO)

* since June 2007, "the number of Palestine refugees unable to access food and lacking the means to purchase even the most basic items, such as soap, school stationery and safe drinking water, has tripled" (UNRWA)

* "in February 2009, the level of anemia in babies (9-12 months) was as high as 65.5%" (UN FAO)
Which of Hawk's assertions have you talked to in this post? I see none, but then I am not as lefty as you are, either.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
As if Israel won't be returned the favor. Let them try and see what happens. It just might what we need at this time.

An Irish ship (MV Rachel Corrie) is on its way. Can't wait to see how Israel handles it.
They will board it peacefully as their blockade calls for and if treated like they were on that ship the other day will have to use their weapons to protect themselves just as they did that day.

Hey, ghost, do you know how long they fought with their paint guns against those belaying pins and metal pipes being used on them before they got permission to shoot those people? You don't even know that they were being attacked, or won't admit to it, huh?

Old 06-03-2010, 03:13 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Wasn't Bill Ayers once a choir boy? Must be he's soooo...good
Could be, it certainly seems as if he was an abused child. That would go a ways to explain why he is such a bitter, hating, whining adult.

My appologies to anyone that was abused as a child and has risen above it.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,534,515 times
Here's an interesting addition to things.

Democrat party front group Media Matters for America has released several statements in recent days seeking to throw reporters off the trail of the strong ties between President Barack Obama and Jodie Evans, co-founder of the terrorist support group Code Pink.
Media Matters attempts to influence public opinion by getting their politically-slanted, factually-challenged reports in the hands of sympathetic liberal reporters who then either regurgitate Media Matters’ propaganda to the public as news or use it as guidance to bury news.

» Media Matters Covers Up Obama Ties to Hamas Ally Jodie Evans - Big Government#more-128170

Old 06-04-2010, 12:37 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,293,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Bill Ayers was never convicted of anything.

But if he's apart of this it only goes to show at least he cares about injustice nowadays.

What does this post say about American's who leap defend Israel's brutal actions by trying to link Obama into this?

I'd say they are bizarre.

To hell with bill ayers. He got off on his charges only because the feds did not get a warrent before wire tapping and searching. He was and is still guilty of murder, terrorest acts against the Nation, and if you think he's not guilty of outright murder by bombing, why don't you ask the family of his dead victims!!! Ayers should be shot, bombed, or any other bad thing that you can imagine. And ANYONE who supports him is an enemy to our Nation!!! But I guess obama supporters would be ok if it was a republican with ayers record and close ties to a republican president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies