Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 AM

329 posts, read 201,879 times

Advertisements

Is this Obama's plan? Sue or press charges against the only company who can shut this leak down? Shouldn't they be working together to plug the stupid thing then worry about lawsuits or charges later?? Is this his way to show the country he's on top of things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 10:00 AM

470 posts, read 1,155,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldTheBeans View Post
Is this Obama's plan? Sue or press charges against the only company who can shut this leak down? Shouldn't they be working together to plug the stupid thing then worry about lawsuits or charges later?? Is this his way to show the country he's on top of things?
If BP is going to be prosecuted for ,IMHO, appears to be a criminally negligent act, then shouldn't the lead Federal prosecutor have a look at what they are going to prosecuted FOR?
Or should he just watch it on TV and complain?
Umm..like you seem to be doing?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
One thing is for sure, whatever he does, right or wrong, you will find fault with it for political reasons.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:11 AM

My question is why now when the leak is still going on? Obama playin politics. Obama hasn't been right about anything yet so I don't know how to answer your question strel.

As for sitting on the couch exactly what are you doing to stop the leak hero? Get on your wet suit and get to work.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
My question is why now when the leak is still going on? Obama playin politics. Obama hasn't been right about anything yet so I don't know how to answer your question strel.

As for sitting on the couch exactly what are you doing to stop the leak hero? Get on your wet suit and get to work.
Because it is a mile under water.

Because no one has ever had to deal with this before.

Because BP is the only entity with the capability to stop it.

There is no basis whatsoever for your claim about Obama playing politics, and in fact Obama has been right about quite a lot of things since he took office.

Not that you would notice, since you probably get all your news from World Nut Daily and other propaganda outlets.

Damn right you don't know how to answer my question.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Because it is a mile under water.

Because no one has ever had to deal with this before.

Because BP is the only entity with the capability to stop it.

There is no basis whatsoever for your claim about Obama playing politics, and in fact Obama has been right about quite a lot of things since he took office.

Not that you would notice, since you probably get all your news from World Nut Daily and other propaganda outlets.

Damn right you don't know how to answer my question.
Well your ranting response makes absolutely no sense. I asked why is holder down there NOW and you wail on about a mile under water and BP is the only entity who can stop it. Well that's exactly what I said to begin with. If what you say is try why is your communist leader trying to rock the boat NOW instead of waiting until the leak is plugged?? Politics is why to make it look like he's doing SOMETHING. Punish evil big oil the battle cry of the lefty kooks is being played out. Most southpaws are just mad it aint Exxon's fault I'm sure.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Well your ranting response makes absolutely no sense. I asked why is holder down there NOW and you wail on about a mile under water and BP is the only entity who can stop it. Well that's exactly what I said to begin with. If what you say is try why is your communist leader trying to rock the boat NOW instead of waiting until the leak is plugged?? Politics is why to make it look like he's doing SOMETHING. Punish evil big oil the battle cry of the lefty kooks is being played out. Most southpaws are just mad it aint Exxon's fault I'm sure.
It makes perfect sense. You just don't like what it says.

How is this not BP's fault? What's in that Kool-Aid you are drinking anyway?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Did I say it wasn't BP's fault? Nope. I asked a question and you southpaws can't seem to answer it. Simple question. Maybe you just don't like the answer I provided myself?

The MMS actually approved what BP did so who's fault is it? Will Holder arrest Obama?

So why is Holder running around down there NOW?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Did I say it wasn't BP's fault? Nope. I asked a question and you southpaws can't seem to answer it. Simple question. Maybe you just don't like the answer I provided myself?

The MMS actually approved what BP did so who's fault is it? Will Holder arrest Obama?

So why is Holder running around down there NOW?
Again, you just don't like the answer.

You aren't really interested in what is actually going on, you just want to take advantage of...well anything...to criticize Obama. It seems to be your raison d'etre on this board, as it is for so many other right wing loonies.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It makes perfect sense. You just don't like what it says.

How is this not BP's fault? What's in that Kool-Aid you are drinking anyway?
Just for the fun of it how about you providing a link that shows what the cause of the original explosion was. I guess I missed out on that. I am still not convinced that it wasn't caused by someone attached to, or paid by, the administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies