Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:42 AM

329 posts, read 201,879 times

Advertisements

And you wonder why they went bankrupt. Man it must be nice to not have to worry about making profits and suck the teet of the bottomless pit of taxpayer money. Hell if it comes to this thing I'll just go to walmart and get a big wheel or green machine.

This amazing all electric concept car is christened as YeZ and is a joint venture of SAIC and GM. Yez is a Chinese dream of eco-friendly [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]cars[/color][/color] that is to be used in 2030. As the car has been designed with environment in focus, it will get power from the natural sources of energy. The rooftop of the car will be equipped with solar panels and small wind turbines located on the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]wheels[/color][/color]. YeZ will also feature an advanced system that will inhale the CO2 from the surrounding air and exhale the fresh oxygen back into the atmosphere. The energy generated from all these means will be stored in the batteries that will further conduit it to the vehicle when on the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
That might actually work in China. It is too small and exposed for use in the US except for controlled access park roads.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:50 AM

I think it might make it around my culdesac if I tied my lab to the front of it and had her pull.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
The technology is interesting, but I have no interest in a vehicle even remotely similar to that. If it can't pull a boat, climb a rocky incline, or haul my family and our toys, then it has no place in my world.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Rappers can soup it up with some 22" propellers and maybe a lift kit. Don't know if the battery can make it bounce and run the woofers at the same time though. Maybe only on sunny days.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM

206 posts, read 193,961 times
I think this is a possible dilemma in the waiting. Yes the technology is cool, but has anyone thought of that fact that humans trying to control nature is not a good idea and there are ALWAYS unknown consequences. Let's say that this type of technology takes off and it is everywhere in the world, what would happen if the CO2 levels dropped too low and the oxygen levels too high? Don't you think this could have disaterous consequences on vegetation and farming yields? Whenever man tries to intervene with nature we make things worse. Remember when man tried to put chemicals in the stratosphere to try and repair the hole in the ozone layer? Well, it made the hole worse.......

Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Didn't GM pay back its loan? Therefore, it is using its own money to develop these cars?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldTheBeans View Post
And you wonder why they went bankrupt. Man it must be nice to not have to worry about making profits and suck the teet of the bottomless pit of taxpayer money. Hell if it comes to this thing I'll just go to walmart and get a big wheel or green machine.

This amazing all electric concept car is christened as YeZ and is a joint venture of SAIC and GM. Yez is a Chinese dream of eco-friendly [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]cars[/color][/color] that is to be used in 2030. As the car has been designed with environment in focus, it will get power from the natural sources of energy. The rooftop of the car will be equipped with solar panels and small wind turbines located on the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]wheels[/color][/color]. YeZ will also feature an advanced system that will inhale the CO2 from the surrounding air and exhale the fresh oxygen back into the atmosphere. The energy generated from all these means will be stored in the batteries that will further conduit it to the vehicle when on the move.
[LEFT]
Read more: YeZ Concept Car To Inhale CO2 And Exhale Oxygen Into The Atmosphere - Auto Motto
[/LEFT]
Finally, a car for serious Dr. Seuss fans! But will the Lorax buy one?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Didn't GM pay back its loan? Therefore, it is using its own money to develop these cars?
Are you referring to this "payback?"

Still Government Motors - Forbes.com

Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl81 View Post
didn't gm pay back its loan? Therefore, it is using its own money to develop these cars?
lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies