Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
You did, you should be ashamed of yourself. Her father did more for this country than you can comprehend and yes, he did die fighting the Nazis.
He worked in a munitions plant and died ten years after the war was over. Millions of people did the same and did not die of lung cancer, and we have no proof the munitions plant air is what killed him.

This woman implied that he died on a battlefield. Sorry, doesnt quiiiiiite fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
The war with the Nazis caused his cancer. Really.
How do you know?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
A PATHETIC RW attempt to coverup Brewer's lying is not what I call an explanation.. It's nothing but spin, which is why it's being ignored.
It really is. Amazing. In another thread some RWs were attacking child labor laws as intrusive. "Let the little seven year olds help their families! Didnt you ever help your mother cook?"

Old 06-03-2010, 05:41 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
I think it's clear that the issue is who spoke the words. It's someone the left dislikes, so of course they have to beat up on her. If it was one of theirs who had said it, they'd be defending it.

In skimming the posts, I may have missed something, but I saw only one poster of all the “leftys” who has the intellectual honesty and integrity to give her a pass on this, and for the right reasons. That I can respect. //www.city-data.com/forum/14455148-post113.html

Old 06-03-2010, 05:49 PM

683 posts, read 428,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He worked in a munitions plant and died ten years after the war was over. Millions of people did the same and did not die of lung cancer, and we have no proof the munitions plant air is what killed him.

This woman implied that he died on a battlefield. Sorry, doesnt quiiiiiite fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How do you know?
Unless you have private info that none of us have about her father's medical records I'll take her word on the cause of his cancer. I have no reason whatsoever to not believe this woman, based on the little that I know about her she has no reason to lie and no reason to falsify anything like this. I don't think she implied anything about dying on a battlefield, I'm pretty sure she knows exactly when and where he died therefore I believe that what she said is indeed true according to her memory based on the facts that we all have. I highly doubt she lied on purpose, there's nothing to gain and she's not running for election. She said something that she considers to be a fact and that can in many ways be considered true. Sure it can also be considered false but I'm not the one to make that judgment nor am I the thought police trying to figure out what she meant.

Unless someone has something different then that's my final answer.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:53 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I think it's clear that the issue is who spoke the words. It's someone the left dislikes, so of course they have to beat up on her. If it was one of theirs who had said it, they'd be defending it.

In skimming the posts, I may have missed something, but I saw only one poster of all the “leftys” who has the intellectual honesty and integrity to give her a pass on this, and for the right reasons. That I can respect. //www.city-data.com/forum/14455148-post113.html
....as opposed to right wingers who always give lefties the benefit of the doubt when they make stupid mistakes. heck no! this is payback for all of the heat you people took during the bush years.

look, she "embellished" (or lied) to make her argument more emotional and effective to the protesters that were calling her a nazi. it's not a capital offense...it's just really irritating that we have a bunch of liars on both sides of the aisle.

did any reporters ask if her father was a smoker? or has that already been established?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
My goodness. Who does this women think she is, anyway? Richard Blumenthal?

She hasn't learned that it's okay to lie if you're lying about yourself. And if you're a Democrat.

Some people just don't understand the double standard.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:00 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
My goodness. Who does this women think she is, anyway? Richard Blumenthal?

She hasn't learned that it's okay to lie if you're lying about yourself. And if you're a Democrat.

Some people just don't understand the double standard.
were my fellow libs actually defending that goofball? i must have missed that. he's another idiot liar.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
So much for Brewer being a rising star in the GOP..She's just a liar like all the rest of them

Read more at Wonkette: Wonkette : Jan Brewer’s Dad Did Not Die ‘Fighting the Nazis,’ No Matter What She Says

Like the rest of who?
All politicians?

Old 06-03-2010, 06:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
were my fellow libs actually defending that goofball? i must have missed that. he's another idiot liar.
The OP would simply crow that Blumenthal is up by 23 points in the polls -- as if that were the point for anyone aside from liberals, for whom ends justify seemingly any means whatsoever...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies