Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
Israel has over stepped its original boundries and has occupied Palastine, that is not the issue. She is right that Isreal is being allowed to conquer the Palestinian state. I think the International Community should make Isreal stay within the boundries they were originally given, but they refuse to do this and I agree that anytime someone says something bad about Isreal we are labeled anti-semetic. I have nothing against Jews but I do have something against Israel and their tactics!!
She called for the ethnic cleansing of jews out of Israel. how is that not antisemitic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 02:04 PM

How stupid do think think people have to be to expect us to believe this wasn't about her thinking israel should be gone, and jews ethnically cleansed to germany and poland?

Did you actually listen to what she said?

How many of you on the left will actually take a stand and admit this is what you want?

The excuses made for her are pathetic because she with incredibly clear... She said these at some jewish heritage event, 4 days before the flotilla incident. It wasn't about some rage at Israel over the flotilla, as it hadn't happened yet.

This was on on a regular day, asked about Jews in israel. And her response was ethnic cleansing.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:16 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I listened to what she said and MAYBE she was a little confused and didn't express herself correctly. I at first took "palestine" to be where the palestinians live, not Israel.Israel is Israel, palestine is where the palestines live. I don't consider "Palestine" and Israel to be one and the same. And she did say go back to America and everywhere, not just Germany and Poland. But she's a far left old sourpuss and anti semitism is well closeted on the left,so maybe she is an anti semite. But I don't think she meant back to the gas chambers, give me a break. You hear many on the extremist far right say the same thing. But she's old and says her mind and has taken to ripping on Obama so the White House Press corps circus can always use clowns like her( and Gibbs).

Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I listened to what she said and MAYBE she was a little confused and didn't express herself correctly. I at first took "palestine" to be where the palestinians live, not Israel.Israel is Israel, palestine is where the palestines live. I don't consider "Palestine" and Israel to be one and the same. And she did say go back to America and everywhere, not just Germany and Poland. But she's a far left old sourpuss and anti semitism is well closeted on the left,so maybe she is an anti semite. But I don't think she meant back to the gas chambers, give me a break. You hear many on the extremist far right say the same thing. But she's old and says her mind and has taken to ripping on Obama so the White House Press corps circus can always use clowns like her( and Gibbs).
I don't think that either, but what she said is still ethnic cleansing even if she doesn't want them to get gassed in poland or germany..

If she meant palestine as the occupied territories, then she should have said "back to israel/back to the 1967 borders" she didn't she said back germany/poland/usa. That means she was referring to all Israelis,a nd she considers Israel to be palestine, she doesn't recognize israel's right to exist, and wants the jews to leave.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
If she meant something else,why did she apologise?

Old 06-07-2010, 02:57 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
However, how many generations of Jewish people have been born since 1922 in this land?
You've got to go back a little further, say the late 1700's and work up from there.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
She called for the ethnic cleansing of jews out of Israel. how is that not antisemitic?
I thought she said Palestine, not Israel. Here:
Quote:
NESSENOFF: Any comments on Israel....
THOMAS: Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.
NESSENOFF: Ooh. Any better comments?
THOMAS: Remember, these people are occupied and it's their land. It's not German. It's not Poland.
NESSENOFF: So where should they go? What should they do?
THOMAS: They can go home.
NESSENOFF: Where's their home?
THOMAS: Poland. Germany.
NESSENOFF: So they should just go back to Poland and Germany.
THOMAS: And America, and everywhere else.

Most Jews in the region immigrated from Germany, Poland, Russia etc, and as a result, Israel has been encroaching into Palestinian lands. She made a valid point. Palestine was someone else's home before theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
If she meant something else,why did she apologise?
It is easier to give up on the stupid, and that likely includes her employer (likely pro-Zionism, and pro-AIPAC).

Old 06-07-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I thought she said Palestine, not Israel. Here:

Most Jews in the region immigrated from Germany, Poland, Russia etc, and as a result, Israel has been encroaching into Palestinian lands. She made a valid point. Palestine was someone else's home before theirs.

It is easier to give up on the stupid, and that likely includes her employer (likely pro-Zionism, and pro-AIPAC).
Most israelis are directly from the middle east. Something libbies love to ignore, but 800,000 jews were kicked out of muslim countries around the time israel was formed. They suddenly became european in your eyes?

I'll ask again, any other groups on earth you think should be removed from where they are and sent some other place besides jews in israel?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:17 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I thought she said Palestine, not Israel.
NESSENOFF: Any comments on Israel....
THOMAS: Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.
NESSENOFF: Ooh. Any better comments?
THOMAS: Remember, these people are occupied and it's their land. It's not German. It's not Poland.
NESSENOFF: So where should they go? What should they do?
THOMAS: They can go home.
NESSENOFF: Where's their home?
THOMAS: Poland. Germany.
NESSENOFF: So they should just go back to Poland and Germany.
THOMAS: And America, and everywhere else.

She 'forgot' to mention going back to Israel somehow....

Quote:
True, it was Christian...but then prior to THAT is was indeed Jewish.

Quote:
LOL...

Old 06-07-2010, 03:23 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Most israelis are directly from the middle east. Something libbies love to ignore, but 800,000 jews were kicked out of muslim countries around the time israel was formed. They suddenly became european in your eyes?
And that happened because of Zionism. These people were an integral part of those societies for centuries, and then Zionism started to show its ugly face in late 19th century, and took off in the early 20th century, and continues today.

Now, Palestinians are being kicked out. Why would they not retaliate? Why would their sympathizers not retaliate?

Quote:
I'll ask again, any other groups on earth you think should be removed from where they are and sent some other place besides jews in israel?
This would apply to any occupant, in any country that is snatching away others' land to give to their own. In fact, I would even say, that if we can, we should recognize that within our own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies