Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 01:12 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,660 times

Advertisements

I'm sure y'all remember this...

YouTube - Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video

Any of you becoming a bit disillusioned,as I am?

My main problems lie w/ the lack of progress on the OIL spill, and of course the President dragging his feet on the illegal immigration issue, when it has been shown that an OVERWHELMING majority of ALL Americans want CHANGE when it come to our having to support illegals w/ our tax $$, & our borders STILL being wide - f*$%ing-Open since 911.
I'm still trying to hold on to some hope, but it's fading ,day by day...

--As far as the oil disaster goes, it seems to ME, that a people who can send people to freaking OUTER SPACE, SHOULD have the technology to STOP this horrid disaster. WTF is going on??? On THIS subject, I sincerely hope the president forgoes diplomacy, & DEMANDS results, to HELL w/ trying to be everyone's buddy, this is an unprecedented ecological DISASTER.

Just wondering if I am the only one feeling this way, & if not, what can we do to amp up the "CHANGE" we were promised, & worked so hard for?

OPPS -- sorry for the typo in the subject, it won't let me edit it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 01:19 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I'm sure y'all remember this...

YouTube - Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video

Any of you becoming a bit disillusioned,as I am?

My main problems lie w/ the lack of progress on the OIL spill, and of course the President dragging his feet on the illegal immigration issue, when it has been shown that an OVERWHELMING majority of ALL Americans want CHANGE when it come to our having to support illegals w/ our tax $$, & our borders STILL being wide - f*$%ing-Open since 911.
I'm still trying to hold on to some hope, but it's fading ,day by day...

--As far as the oil disaster goes, it seems to ME, that a people who can send people to freaking OUTER SPACE, SHOULD have the technology to STOP this horrid disaster. WTF is going on??? On THIS subject, I sincerely hope the president forgoes diplomacy, & DEMANDS results, to HELL w/ trying to be everyone's buddy, this is an unprecedented ecological DISASTER.

Just wondering if I am the only one feeling this way, & if not, what can we do to amp up the "CHANGE" we were promised, & worked so hard for?

OPPS -- sorry for the typo in the subject, it won't let me edit it!
I voted for B.H.O. at the '08 election with the hope that progressives would take us into a new era of prosperity, then I woke up and realized that the problem is progressivism, whether if it's the Democratic or Republican flavor

Old 06-05-2010, 01:27 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,136,328 times
What gets me is EVERY DAY since 9/11 thousands of people who we have no idea of who they are are where they came from or if they are terrorist or not pour in and it hasnt been stoped and Bush and now Obama insult us when they even pretend that they are doing something to protect us.....Just like the ones getting killed in Iraq and Afganistan..They arent protecting us cause they cant when we have wide open borders,,,,They die yet we are still unprotected......go figure

Old 06-05-2010, 01:32 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth.
Change you can believe in... Can we start with the Obama lied and people died chants yet?

Old 06-05-2010, 01:47 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
What gets me is EVERY DAY since 9/11 thousands of people who we have no idea of who they are are where they came from or if they are terrorist or not pour in and it hasnt been stoped and Bush and now Obama insult us when they even pretend that they are doing something to protect us.....Just like the ones getting killed in Iraq and Afganistan..They arent protecting us cause they cant when we have wide open borders,,,,They die yet we are still unprotected......go figure
Yep, I find it horribly insulting as well. This crap of "We fight them THERE so we won't have to fight them HERE" BS... meanwhile, HOW many people from HOW many countries crossed our borders,just TODAY??? And How many of those did so ILLEGALLY???
Personally,it seems to me that our president is more concerned with making friends all over the globe, which isn't a BAD thing, but he needs to PROTECT AMERICANS, FIRST. And right now, we aren't the Super-power we once were, thus we are unable to help other nations. He's spreading us too thin, allowing too many to be supported by too few. We just cannot keep up, supporting all these people invading the US, our tax dollars are running dry.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:13 AM

561 posts, read 505,558 times
Default Consider the alternative . . .

I voted for Obama. So far he isn't the president I was hoping for, but I haven't given up yet. And consider the alternative.

McCain wanted to send more troops to Iraq and Afghanistan. He supported amnesty for illegal aliens (as did Reagan). As one of the "Keating 5" he was an unindicted co-conspiritor in the housing melt-down in the 1980's. " His home state of Arizona is one of the worst-hit states in the current housing melt down. His own party is challenging his return to the senate. Did we want done to the country what he has done to AZ?

On a positive note, we would have Sarah Palin keeping an eye on Russia from her front porch.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Obama is doing an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. We are fortunate to have reasoned and measured action in the WH for a change. I think we know what a "shoot from the hip" WH does.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:09 AM

30,059 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obama is doing an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. We are fortunate to have reasoned and measured action in the WH for a change. I think we know what a "shoot from the hip" WH does.

I guess I would like to hear what your view of "bad" is, given that you like this-

1. The botched management of the largest natural disaster in US history
2. unemployment just under 10%
3. record foreclosures
4. stock market tumbling
5. the only jobs created are temporary census jobs
6. the administration violating federal election laws in senate races
7. record deficits
8. $13 trillion debt
9. $3.2 trillion wasted on Obamacare
10. A president who opposes the will of the nation and refuses to enforce illegal immigration laws
11. A president who refuses to attend memorial day events at Arlington, while attending a bar-b-que across the street from the Nation of Islam headquarters.
12. Entertaining with Paul McCartney and playing golf while the oil disaster expands
13. Department of minerals management corruption members who traded sex and money for lax inspection passes, including the current wrecked well.
14. Foriegn policy in the tank, in which our traditional allies have been snubbed, while snuggling with dictators.

Hey- if you like this stuff, that would make you one strange guy. I am afraid that people are so obsessed with thier hatred of George Bush, that they are willing to embrace and defend the failed policies of a lunatic who is greatly harming the nation.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Bush was not a good president- however embracing a president who is much worse and damaging to the nation does nothing but assuage hurt liberal feelings and puts us more and more in danger.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I voted for B.H.O. at the '08 election with the hope that progressives would take us into a new era of prosperity, then I woke up and realized that the problem is progressivism, whether if it's the Democratic or Republican flavor
You forget., Obama is a moderate. He's never been a progressive. Don't let Faux News or the wingnuts on this board define him for you...

Old 06-05-2010, 08:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess I would like to hear what your view of "bad" is, given that you like this-

1. The botched management of the largest natural disaster in US history
2. unemployment just under 10%
3. record foreclosures
4. stock market tumbling
5. the only jobs created are temporary census jobs
6. the administration violating federal election laws in senate races
7. record deficits
8. $13 trillion debt
9. $3.2 trillion wasted on Obamacare
10. A president who opposes the will of the nation and refuses to enforce illegal immigration laws
11. A president who refuses to attend memorial day events at Arlington, while attending a bar-b-que across the street from the Nation of Islam headquarters.
12. Entertaining with Paul McCartney and playing golf while the oil disaster expands
13. Department of minerals management corruption members who traded sex and money for lax inspection passes, including the current wrecked well.
14. Foriegn policy in the tank, in which our traditional allies have been snubbed, while snuggling with dictators.

Hey- if you like this stuff, that would make you one strange guy. I am afraid that people are so obsessed with thier hatred of George Bush, that they are willing to embrace and defend the failed policies of a lunatic who is greatly harming the nation.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Bush was not a good president- however embracing a president who is much worse and damaging to the nation does nothing but assuage hurt liberal feelings and puts us more and more in danger.
If more than a couple of your items were actually true, you could have a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies