Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:32 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times

Advertisements

anything "debated" here on CD? If you have, please tell what and why. I am curious to see if anything anyone is saying has had an effect on anyone.

Personally, I have not, (changed my mind about anything) but I have learned some things that I did not know before and I guess that is why I keep coming back. There are a few posters who make me stop and think and that is a good thing to.

So...what'cha got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 12:34 PM

328 posts, read 196,222 times
Nope. Mostly the libs **** me off. Some of the people who I have a lot in common with we disagree on Israel so I have yet to find someone here that I agree with everything on. But I have not changed my mind on anything.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Nope. Mostly the libs **** me off. Some of the people who I have a lot in common with we disagree on Israel so I have yet to find someone here that I agree with everything on. But I have not changed my mind on anything.
I think it would be hard to find two people who think exactly alike. I use to occasionally argue with very good friends on an old board I used to visit frequently and there are a couple of friends here that I do not see eye to eye with but they are very smart and mostly nice, so it is OK.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:40 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
I haven't changed my mind about anything but there are some here who bring good facts and knowledge to the table that have enlightened me on several issues.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I haven't changed my mind about anything but there are some here who bring good facts and knowledge to the table that have enlightened me on several issues.
Yeah, that is what I look forward to, things that I never really thought about, before someone brought it up and had very good research to share.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:44 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Can't say my mind has been changed about anything it was made up about. But there have been a few issues where I've read without posting that have given me pause.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Can't say my mind has been changed about anything it was made up about. But there have been a few issues where I've read without posting that have given me pause.
Care to share?

Old 06-05-2010, 12:57 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Yes. On gay marriage. I have always understood being gay however, I did not see the reason for marriage.

I was one that thought a "civil union" with some legal documents to give rights was close enough.

Now I understand the pain of not being able to marry. I learned this from reading the posts over the years.

Thanks to those posters who enlightened me.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:57 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Care to share?
Not really, considering that the reason I didn't post in those threads was that I either really didn't have an opinion about them or found them too stupid to bother with. I do try to read at least the original post on most threads here and, on some of them, I end up reading through the entire thread without coming to any conclusions about the subject. But, despite the opinion of some who shall remain unnamed, I find this to be a very good place to learn about issues I otherwise would have no clue about. As well as a good place for me to inject my own opinion when I do have one.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Not really, considering that the reason I didn't post in those threads was that I either really didn't have an opinion about them or found them too stupid to bother with. I do try to read at least the original post on most threads here and, on some of them, I end up reading through the entire thread without coming to any conclusions about the subject. But, despite the opinion of some who shall remain unnamed, I find this to be a very good place to learn about issues I otherwise would have no clue about. As well as a good place for me to inject my own opinion when I do have one.
What you say here seems to be the way most are going to see it. Thanks for the input.

How have you been by the way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies