Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Please provide a link to this article.

WaPo Presents Readers with Plight of Immigrant Who Escaped Federal Raid on Workplace | NewsBusters.org

Found in five seconds....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,210,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
The people who hate political correctness are generally white people who are pissed off that they can't say awful things about other groups without consequence anymore. You know it's true. They long for the days of the 1950s when they had absolute dominion over the country and could step on other groups at will.

Those days are long gone. Deal.

'generally white people????????' you seem to be able to say awful things about other groups without consequence. many would criticise your obvious hatred for white folk, but as far as i'm concerned you're entitled to your opinion

Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I'd prefer the company of illegal immigrants to that of pedophiles anytime.
Are you saying an illegal immigrant could never be a pedophile???

Old 06-06-2010, 12:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:

I prefer not to hang around any criminals, myself.
Only criminals, like the company of others with the same criminal problems.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Here ya go.....

Pedophile Illegal Alien Captured a Second Time in Miami - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Old 06-06-2010, 12:04 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,870 times
OMG That's not a Washington Post article. That's a newsbusters opinion blog piece about a WAPO article that they don't even link to..LOL

Found in 5 seconds.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,513 times
Political Correctness is very Un PC......

One of the biggest problems with supposed PC, is that it only serves for those that want the specific name used. Many times the term that is supposedly PC actually offends people of said group. So if it is offensive to some, is it really PC?

For example, I was talking to a couple of people the other day that were shall we say short in stature. I called them "little people" and was promptly told not to refer to them as such, because they were midgets, and they were proud to be midgets. They found the term "little people" offensive.

Another example, in my family, we find the term African American as offensive. Even my children will tell someone that calls them African American, that they are wrong, and please not call them that.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,210,448 times
here is the entire quote:

-Political Correctness is America’s newest form of intolerance, and it’s especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control peoples language with strict codes and rigid rules. I’m not sure that’s the way to fight discrimination. I’m not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.

George Carlin

Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times
[quote=Frozenyo;14496575]
Quote:
I'm so sick of this contrived myth. Who has called you a racist for not "kissing the ground that Obama walks on"?
Posts by the obamatrons on this board. You would never believe it if I provided the link (made up according to those like you) so go do a search.

Quote:
Where is it? Where's the proof of this? People on this board always make this claim but I've NEVER seen it and nobody has shown a link to it ever happening. It's similar to the "when will Obama show his birth certificate" lie that keeps popping up.[
Perhaps you should open your eyes and remove your obamagoggles and you will see it. Some blatant, some not so blatant. But it is there for the seeking.

To deny this is just as bad as calling someone else a racist for not agreeing with you.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
The people who hate political correctness are generally white people who are pissed off that they can't say awful things about other groups without consequence anymore. You know it's true. They long for the days of the 1950s when they had absolute dominion over the country and could step on other groups at will.

Those days are long gone. Deal.
Above bolded is exactly what the OP was trying to point out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies