Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

In my own opinion Bill Maher is one of very few that put the country first. He is willing to rip Bush or Obama just as easy when they are at fault and will also credit them appropriately when they do something well. He even sided with Sarah Palin the other night saying that he thinks the author is wrong for moving next door to her and she should have some right to privacy. Guys like Hannity, Rush, and Beck seam alot more focused on the Republican agenda than what is best for the country. The one thing people have to realize is that no party will ever be 100% correct. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 11:19 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
In my own opinion Bill Maher is one of very few that put the country first. He is willing to rip Bush or Obama just as easy when they are at fault and will also credit them appropriately when they do something well. He even sided with Sarah Palin the other night saying that he thinks the author is wrong for moving next door to her and she should have some right to privacy. Guys like Hannity, Rush, and Beck seam alot more focused on the Republican agenda than what is best for the country. The one thing people have to realize is that no party will ever be 100% correct. Any thoughts?
I have one thought for you. The thought is a question that I would certainly like to have you answer. Since you think that Beck is a lot more focused on the Republican agenda than the best thing for the country could you offer some proof of that kind of thinking? I don't think you have seen Beck, at all, in the last couple of months but you do seem to be getting lots of "good" stuff from Media Matters. Am I wrong in thinking this? Be truthful.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Short and easy answer? No.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
I can tell you 2 people that I know for a fact don't give a s.... about America:

Rush Limbaugh = Loves Costa Rica more than the US
Limbaugh: I'll move to Costa Rica

Mancow = Loves New Zealand more than the US
Made a claim on his radio show exactly like Limbaugh, but he said he would go to New Zealand.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
These guys put America (and facts) before any political party:

YouTube - TheYoungTurks's Channel

Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
In my own opinion Bill Maher is one of very few that put the country first. He is willing to rip Bush or Obama just as easy when they are at fault and will also credit them appropriately when they do something well. He even sided with Sarah Palin the other night saying that he thinks the author is wrong for moving next door to her and she should have some right to privacy.
Thats just common sense (as you rightly recognize) and you have to admit, whether or not you like Bill Maher, or his politics (or stance on religion) its hard to argue with logic that makes perfect sense (i.e., when you do something wrong and/or stupid, you say so)

My comments on the subject are that rightwingers, some of whom have called Obama an "end to capitalism/society/freedom" and other juvenile things only out themselves as being incapable of divorcing partisan politics from any argument, which causes these maddening blind spots in their ability to see things.

My .02

Old 06-06-2010, 11:46 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
These guys put America (and facts) before any political party:

YouTube - TheYoungTurks's Channel

They're pretty good, but um, no.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,355,436 times
Add Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow to that list . And Nancy Pelosi , Harry Reid , ....

Old 06-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have one thought for you. The thought is a question that I would certainly like to have you answer. Since you think that Beck is a lot more focused on the Republican agenda than the best thing for the country could you offer some proof of that kind of thinking? I don't think you have seen Beck, at all, in the last couple of months but you do seem to be getting lots of "good" stuff from Media Matters. Am I wrong in thinking this? Be truthful.
Media Matters? I honestly have never. I realize that all of them will make fun of people and that is one of the major draws of each show. The Beck incident the other day with Obama's daughter did get a little caried away. Doing an impersonation while (pretending to be his daughter) he asks: Daddy, why do you hate black people? The response from the other impersonator: Because i'm half white! I'd rather them exaggerate and call Obama an idiot. Bush was a complete moron yet many people like the fact that he was very stern in his decisions, even Maher has stated that Obama should be more like this. Maybe making the right decisions might have made his 8 years a little more successful for this country. The fact is that the Republican talk show hosts will not totally throw Bush under the bus when every sane person knows that Bush's 8 years were a disaster for this country and have left us where we are now. I'd have a little more respect for them if they at least admitted that. Also crediting Obama when he is doing something right or has a good idea would help too. Sometimes a republican can credit a democrat. If not than they are just biased and are NOT putting the country first.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Add Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow to that list . And Nancy Pelosi , Harry Reid , ....
Nancy Pelosi is in politics and not a host.Sorry but you are already showing a bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies