Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 03:18 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
There'd be outrage if Mexico had a "shoot to kill" policy on Americans violating their border on Falcon Lake - or if Iran, China, or North Korea had a similar policy against clueless American hikers who can't read a map.
Why don't you try going into one of those countries, assault one of their armed police or military people with a deadly weapon...and tell us just how it works our for ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 03:21 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why don't you try going into one of those countries, assault one of their armed police or military people with a deadly weapon...and tell us just how it works our for ya?
Some posters here think that just crossing the border illegally should be a shootable offence.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I am willing to bet that illegal issue is not going to get better no matter how the Federal government continues to ignore it.
And we all do know how much are lovely FEDERAL GOVERNMENT has ignored this illegal situation. You know you can only ignore something for so long, and then all hell breaks out.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:55 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Works for me...but it more properly be done by our military. It is, after all, an invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Works for me as well. But unless it becomes an all out war, our military is not authorized. Check out posse comitatus. It COULD change, but obama won't be the changer in a hopenchangey world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I am willing to bet that illegal issue is not going to get better no matter how the Federal government continues to ignore it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Shot and killed huh? Did the poor little illegal see the sign, "Private Property"? Or did he just not give a fk?
I would have no problem with using a 308 Winchester to protect my country.
Obviously "hand slapping" has been totally ineffective.

Until we as a country adopt a "Shoot To Kill" policy, those goons will never have any respect for our borders.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:03 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Obviously "hand slapping" has been totally ineffective.

Until we as a country adopt a "Shoot To Kill" policy, those goons will never have any respect for our borders.
Why don't we stop patronizing companies that hire illegals then maybe we would not have to murder children.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
If things are getting violent down there, then it's time to militarize the border.
Other countries do it and it works out much better than "we have to do something" hand wringing.

After that is done, THEN sit down and write up some reform legislation.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:46 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This is wrong. Guards along the Berlin Wall were told to shoot to kill, and they did, over 50 times.

Difference is, guards along the Berlin Wall were trying to keep people from leaving, not from coming in.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This is wrong. Guards along the Berlin Wall were told to shoot to kill, and they did, over 50 times.
This is different. They were being held captive, and were trying to get to freedom. These Mexicans suposedly love their country and hate America, so why are they coming here?

Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Unfortunately, this is what happens to Border Patrol Agents, who do their job:

BP Agent prosecuted for shooting Mexican drug dealer wants to clear his name
That's the first thing that popped into my mind also. I wouldn't be surprised if this agent gets made an example of.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If things are getting violent down there, then it's time to militarize the border.
Other countries do it and it works out much better than "we have to do something" hand wringing.

After that is done, THEN sit down and write up some reform legislation.
If the Obama admin continues to do nothing, then the people might have to take the law into their own hands, then that will REALLY **** the libs off. I think these ranchers should be able to open fire....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies