Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 AM

2 posts, read 10,494 times

Advertisements

Relocating from DFW area of Texas to Vero Beach. Husband will work on island in Vero. Have two young children. Looking for good friendly neighborhood with lots of families, and good grade school and preschool. Planning to rent house. Hearing the island has lots of money and mobility, so thinking the mainland might be more "middle class" and family-friendly, but still want good school. What about Citrus Elementary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 PM

5 posts, read 10,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texashayes View Post
Relocating from DFW area of Texas to Vero Beach. Husband will work on island in Vero. Have two young children. Looking for good friendly neighborhood with lots of families, and good grade school and preschool. Planning to rent house. Hearing the island has lots of money and mobility, so thinking the mainland might be more "middle class" and family-friendly, but still want good school. What about Citrus Elementary?
I am in Plano and doing the same thing...keep in touch

Old 02-01-2011, 05:59 PM

36 posts, read 98,471 times
If you google Citrus Elementary and select the link for public school reviews you'll not only see the rating for it, but for the other nearby schools. The Central Beach area is actually very family oriented, so I don't agree with your mainland comment. My advice is to do your research and make up your own mind. Also check out the private and magnet school options.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 10,494 times
Default this is part of the research

I've done all the research online of the schools, but looking at grades and numbers doesn't always tell the whole story. Hoping to use this forum as one way to hear from people who actually live there and no the schools and neighborhoods on a more personal level. And the magnet schools sound interesting, but we've missed the deadline for this next year, and there's never a guarantee to getting into one, so need to know we're living near a good public school.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 AM

132 posts, read 350,775 times
I agree that you can not judge a school by the grade they receive!! Citrus is a great school. The neighborhoods surrounding the school are great family friendly hoods, with the exception of Ixora Park subdivision (not trying to offend anyone). Glendale is another great school with an excellent gifted program. Students from other schools are actually bussed there for their gifted program. As for magnet schools, Rosewood and Osceola are AWESOME! I don't have any experience with Liberty?? Also, most schools have pre-K, so your kiddos could be together in one school. I have been in Vero FOREVER, am an ESE teacher, and have 4 children (10yrs-19yrs) who go/went through the schools here. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me

Old 03-06-2011, 01:01 PM

8 posts, read 16,276 times
Hi. This is my first time ever posting on a forum. I have been doing a lot of research regarding the vero, melbourne, sebastian area. I have family that live in Sebastian now, but do not feel i can tust their judgments, as they will tell me anything just to get me and my family down there.

My main concern are the schools. we have a 5 year old starting kindergarten this year. i have heard all sorts of good and bad things. I would really like to chat with someone that lives in Vero, works in vero and has a honest perspective. My second concern is work. My husband is a computer technician and i am a medical secretary.

We are coming from Long Island, NY and would love to live in a family frendly neighborhood. Any and all sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 AM

132 posts, read 350,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfabricatore View Post
Hi. This is my first time ever posting on a forum. I have been doing a lot of research regarding the vero, melbourne, sebastian area. I have family that live in Sebastian now, but do not feel i can tust their judgments, as they will tell me anything just to get me and my family down there.

My main concern are the schools. we have a 5 year old starting kindergarten this year. i have heard all sorts of good and bad things. I would really like to chat with someone that lives in Vero, works in vero and has a honest perspective. My second concern is work. My husband is a computer technician and i am a medical secretary.

We are coming from Long Island, NY and would love to live in a family frendly neighborhood. Any and all sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
You will want to make sure you have work lined up before you come! The unemployment here is very high. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask

Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,879 times
We're moving to Vero beach this summer from Hollywood, FL. I have one child going into K & the other into 4th grade. We heard lots of positives about Beachland Elementary, and the 3 magnet
elem. schools all get great reviews.

Our youngest was accepted into Osceola, hopefully his big brother will get a spot too. If not, we were looking at Beachside & Citrus elem. We also want to rent for a year until we can check out neighborhoods before buying.

Post again with what you find,texashayes.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:17 PM

38 posts, read 69,740 times
I am from DFW moving to Vero also. We are in Frisco and LOVE our school. I've been a little disapponted by what others are saying about the shools. My husband is going down next week to check out the work space but won't have too much time to look at houses. We are renting as well. We plan to move June 15th. Where are you from Texashayes and when are all the Texans moving?

Old 04-03-2019, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texashayes View Post
Hello! My husband, 2 children and I live in Vero Beach. There are plenty of family neighborhoods in the mainland as well as decent schools. Have you and your family already relocated to here yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach