Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,608,952 times

Advertisements

Wood Flooring is beautiful but how well does it hold up in Florida if installed on a slab. According to the brochure in Home Depot only engineered wood flooring can be used on concrete and laminate is not recommended. In a bedroom the wood can give a different look than porcelain. It would seem that wood flooring would not work well but I guess that is the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,867,041 times
I think that is why they make plywood for a subfloor.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM

52 posts, read 160,141 times
You need to look at the new laminate flooring. It has rubberized backing.They put visquine (sp) down on the floor before the laminate for a vapor barrier. These are floating floors. They also test your concrete for moisture. They are recommended for concrete slabs. They do not use a sub-floor for laminate. All the stores have said that they now install more wood laminate then tile. I also have asked a few of my neighbors that have tile and they all said if they could do it over again they would install wood laminate.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 AM

857 posts, read 4,879,633 times
I can say from experience that laminate is much more forgiving than tile. If you drop a plate on tile it shatters. On laminate there is a chance that it bounces and doesn't break.
I have laminate that looks like hardwood and I like it because my doberman has made mincemeat of the real wood floors with her toenails. She doesn't do any damage to the laminate.
I plan on moving to the PSL area some time this year and I was wondering if very many people there use laminate. Most of the houses I have visited have a lot of tile. Which is more popular nowadays?

Old 12-16-2012, 03:10 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,897 times
There was another thread started about this. Personally I prefer the new tile that looks like wood. I know Lowes carries it. Laminate is fine, but most use tile.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/port-...lain-tile.html

edit- lol....you started that one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach