Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,960 times

Advertisements

This is my target area for relocation, along with Stuart and (?) but I'd love to have a safe walkable downtown with interesting shops, restaurants, etc. and a great gym, health food store would be the icing on the cake

Any comments on which town on the Treasure Coast would offer the most Thanks for any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,281 times
Stuart is where you want to be. They have everything on your list!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Definately Stuart, Jensen Beach has a small, cool downtown with a few restaurants which Crawdaddies(New Orleans theme) seems to be the best.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:21 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Here's a link to the walking score site.

It really depends on what you want to walk to. Interesting shops that you won't buy anything at...just for fun...or more practical things.

Walk Score of vero beach fl

In Vero you can walk to stores and restaurants, parks, art museum, theater and more...on the barrier island beach just not a traditional grocery store per se on the length of the island ...or live at the mall area west where you could live with no car hypothetically, not "quaint" but has 100% of life's needs...or even south Vero which is not quaint, very commercial, but has everything, too. I live in South Vero on the Intracoastal and find it very convenient but I have lived in quaint towns before so it wasn't a priority moving here this time. Obviously you would have to walk MANY blocks to find every single thing you need but I just recommended an area to a relocator that she could do normal daily living all within about 4 square blocks. (even tho she has a car). There's Miracle Mile, it's that way, too right on Indian River near the bridge to the beach. Shopping...not artsy quaintness haha.

I also lived behind the mall for a year and it was the easiest thing in the world to run out even at 2am because Walmart and Walgreens are open then haha. I would choose the barrier island because I am a water lover but I don't know if there's a gym. But it is gorgeous. Most condo associations/complexes actually have a gym too.

Are you looking for ambiance or actually spending money LOL? This map is cute but very incomplete.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 06-11-2013 at 08:29 PM..

Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 PM

I'm looking for ambiance and shops and restaurants that are affordable; I like to eat out often (not fast food) and I LOVE ♥ THRIFT SHOPS, even if I don't buy something every time, it's fun to look.

THANKS for the responses, so far. It seems like Stuart & Vero Beach might be acceptable. Planning a visit in November. Any more tips ??? (I'm a senior citizen, not too interested in night life, anymore).

Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
I'm looking for ambiance and shops and restaurants that are affordable; I like to eat out often (not fast food) and I LOVE ♥ THRIFT SHOPS, even if I don't buy something every time, it's fun to look.

THANKS for the responses, so far. It seems like Stuart & Vero Beach might be acceptable. Planning a visit in November. Any more tips ??? (I'm a senior citizen, not too interested in night life, anymore).
Well I think we're very affordable, too. Lots of seniors. I know there are a thrift shops but not in walking distance except for I think Miracle Mile. Vero isn't huge but spread out. You'll enjoy your visit! Just make sure you go to all the areas. Post back again when you come and we'll give you directions about each area. I have a neighbor who is very crafty and she buys EVERYTHING at thrift stores and repurposes stuff, paints it to sell it, goes to our flea markets etc...so I'll get the list from her.

The ambiance...I'm not so sure, you'll have to see it.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Default Thrift Shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Well I think we're very affordable, too. Lots of seniors. I know there are a thrift shops but not in walking distance except for I think Miracle Mile. Vero isn't huge but spread out. You'll enjoy your visit! Just make sure you go to all the areas. Post back again when you come and we'll give you directions about each area. I have a neighbor who is very crafty and she buys EVERYTHING at thrift stores and repurposes stuff, paints it to sell it, goes to our flea markets etc...so I'll get the list from her.

The ambiance...I'm not so sure, you'll have to see it.
THANKS I'll be back here when I'm ready to visit the area for a list of "what to see" ~ in the Vero Beach vicinity, etc. ~ and I appreciate all your tips

Old 06-13-2013, 02:40 PM

140 posts, read 400,135 times
Curious, where is the area you call the "Miricle Mile" is? Can you give me an intersection?

Thanks

Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck12020123 View Post
Curious, where is the area you call the "Miricle Mile" is? Can you give me an intersection?

Thanks
Sure. It's between Indian River Blvd and 6th Ave (east west boundaries) and starting at 20th to about 3rd Ct where the Sun Trust Bank is (north south boundaries...a couple blocks below Royal Palm area.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...&ved=0CKkBELYD

Fresh Market, Publix, TJMaxx a BUNCH of regular retail, then some speciality retail like lamp or lighting stores, consignment etc, a pet supply store, several restaurants - one has good Italian and some chains like Panera, a scuba shop....

And a couple small ish apartment complexes a block or two away but further down Indian River towards Rt 1 are 4 large apartment complexes all decent. Not walking distance they are around 12th at the end of Indian River Blvd.

If a person wanted to, they could live by Miracle Mile, shop there, and walk or ride a bike over 17th to the beach very easily IMO.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Default Bump ~

Bump

I'M PLANNING to visit the area in December or January. Any new information that might encourage me to examine a town ? I'm looking at Ormond Beach, Ft. Pierce, Sebastian, Stuart and Vero Beach and hope to see it all in two weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach