Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:00 PM

68 posts, read 166,414 times

Advertisements

Hi all, was wondering if some of the locals could give me info on Indian River Estates in Ft. Pierce. Is this a good area or a bad area. What is this area like? While we love the Jensen Beach area; it seems that we could get alot more house and a bigger lot for the money. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 PM

693 posts, read 704,539 times
My friend lives there and I think it is a nice area. Not sure about the schools. They do not have children so we do not know. You do get a lot of house for the money and it is convenient to everything.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:05 AM

thank you lindarby!

we don't have school age children, so that isn't an issue.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:00 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
right now there are 32 houses on the market priced from $42,900 to $232,900.... huge gap.

I believe we all just had a discussion about this area and that there was no city water or sewer, just well and septic. On some of the listing with higher prices it says ...city water and sewer ...but I am not sure anyone really looked, or that city water IS AVAIL....but not if the rest of the street wont. Others say water and septic so it depends on the house/area in there. I did not see sewer on any of them.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:38 AM

thank you FlaLadyB, we have never dealt with well and septic so we don't know if its a problem or not. any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Default never dealt with well and septic so we don't know if its a problem or not

It depends. My experience on a home that I owned for a few years with well and septic was, 1/ the well needs a pump to pull the water up from the ground and mine had to be replaced at a pretty good buck. It also needed a electrical outlet to work, so if the electric goes out no running water. The water from the well had to be treated by a water conditioner and softener and still was crappy IMHO. Depending on what aquifer your well is on it might have to be redrilled at some point. 2/ Due to heavy usage the septic tank had to be pumped out by a commercial company. So it could be costly. This was quite a few years ago so maybe others with a newer home on well and septic will chime in.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:43 PM

thank you jersey man

Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 PM

5 posts, read 9,574 times
There is no issue with a septic tank really, yes if the tank is undersized for the amount of people in the home it might have to be pumped out from time to time but this could be 10 years. My parents put in an oversized septic and it's been 35 years and has not been pumped. Sometimes the drain field will have to have work on it, some folks do this work themselves but there are businesses who you can hire. If you are on city sewer then you pay every single month. The way mine is set up I pay for city water coming into the house and I pay about the same for the water leaving the house. And let me tell ya it's expensive where I live down south. As for the well water, I am looking to move into the area also and made a few calls and was assured that the water can be cleaned up to taste as good as city water, hope this helps you.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 AM

thank you jjaazzy.... this does help, I would love to NOT have to pay for water and sewer. Ours here in Ohio isn't to bad, but I know alot of people whose's bills are outragous! What type of work on the drainfield? We are pretty self-sufficient and try to do things ourselves if we can.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 AM

5 posts, read 9,574 times
The way I understand things is, the drain field deals with the fluids and the tank the solids, the drain field is a large area that consists of large rock and the fluids run through it, sometimes the area gets clogged up with sand and things don't flow well. I am sure you can google for more accurate and detailed info. And by the way I recently checked and my mothers tank was pumped one time about 15 years ago. So I think they are pretty efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach