Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 07:36 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

having lived in Boca and not wanting to go back .... having lived in Jupiter and like it but not the prices, having lived in PSL for a number of years, and yes, I don't find the high end places to dine, but then again I cook so I don't need to. I am in all areas of PSL all the time and I still don't seem to run across all the " toothless tattoo covered rednecks " you keep talking about. Apparently I don't frequent the same places YOU DO.

Whole Foods and Trader Joes - well yes, they will go where the $$$$ is. That's a given. Any expensive place will do that. That's not anything new. If you want to spend your money excessively.. go there... PLEASE! If I really want to spend money its only a 40 minute drive to get there.

Lots.. and I mean LOTS of people LIVE HERE.. and drive to work further south like Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach and even BOCA.

Why.. 'cause its nice here, and less expensive, and they like it.

SO .. go... go spend your money on housing and food and eating out.. have fun.. enjoy....bye bye! We won't miss you

Old 06-21-2016, 04:12 AM

97 posts, read 136,817 times
I agree FlaLady!

That is a saying...DO NOT LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR BUTT ON THE WAY OUT!

Enjoy your white class city Bangolufsen while we enjoy our low class city! We will NOT miss you nor will PSL miss you.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:55 AM

134 posts, read 190,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enero6 View Post
I agree FlaLady!

That is a saying...DO NOT LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR BUTT ON THE WAY OUT!

Enjoy your white class city Bangolufsen while we enjoy our low class city! We will NOT miss you nor will PSL miss you.
It's NOT a 40 minute drive! It's 45 min to an hour EACH WAY depending on traffic. That's a long way to go to buy groceries. Regarding your unoriginal saying, I did choose to leave and yes, I can afford a different lifestyle that's better for me and others like me. If you remember, Fresh market was going to move into SLW and bailed out. Instead SLW got Western Beef. That tells you all you need to know...........LOW CLASS. Also, I was never comfortable living in the shadow of that Nuclear Reactor. There is no good reason to live so close to one of those things, especially in view of it's poor safety record. Cheers!

Old 06-21-2016, 09:02 AM

134 posts, read 190,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
having lived in Boca and not wanting to go back .... having lived in Jupiter and like it but not the prices, having lived in PSL for a number of years, and yes, I don't find the high end places to dine, but then again I cook so I don't need to. I am in all areas of PSL all the time and I still don't seem to run across all the " toothless tattoo covered rednecks " you keep talking about. Apparently I don't frequent the same places YOU DO.

Whole Foods and Trader Joes - well yes, they will go where the $$$$ is. That's a given. Any expensive place will do that. That's not anything new. If you want to spend your money excessively.. go there... PLEASE! If I really want to spend money its only a 40 minute drive to get there.

Lots.. and I mean LOTS of people LIVE HERE.. and drive to work further south like Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach and even BOCA.

Why.. 'cause its nice here, and less expensive, and they like it.

SO .. go... go spend your money on housing and food and eating out.. have fun.. enjoy....bye bye! We won't miss you
It's NOT a 40 minute drive! It's 45 min to an hour EACH WAY depending on traffic. That's a long way to go to buy groceries. Also, have you ever shopped at Target in Tradition, Lowes, or Home Depot? That's where you will find what I described. And yes, the area is very crowded with lots of traffic and I feel very sorry for anyone who has to drive all the way to West Palm and back every day for a job. It's a miserable drive with lots of wear and tear on your nerves and your car. I hardly think Trader Joes is spending money excessively. Their prices are good and so is their quality. They would never locate in a lower class blue collar town like PSL. There isn't even a decent pizza place there. Again, you have to go to Stuart (30 mins each way if you live West) or PBG for that. The only reason anyone would live in PSL is because it's cheaper, but again, you get what you pay for. Regarding your nasty farewell, I couldn't care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach