Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 06:42 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,807,269 times

Advertisements

Port St. Lucie is now the eighth largest city in Florida, surpassing Fort Lauderdale, according to the Census Bureau's Population Estimates Program.

With 179,413 people, the city rises from ninth place in the 2014 estimate, when it had a population of 174,110. The city grew 8.9 percent from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015.

The estimates are used in federal funding allocations.

For perspective, it is interesting to note that Port St. Lucie has only 115.9 square miles of land while Jacksonville, the state's largest city by far, accounts for 747.0 square miles of land.

Port St. Lucie is now the 8th largest city in Florida, according to Census Bureau - wptv.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 12:12 PM

33 posts, read 36,833 times
Is that a good thing? Seems not to me .. just sayin

Old 06-29-2016, 01:44 PM

217 posts, read 374,697 times
Too late to stop the juggernaut now.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:07 PM

623 posts, read 969,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattybee View Post
Too late to stop the juggernaut now.
You were better or being #7

Old 07-03-2016, 02:23 PM

134 posts, read 192,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Port St. Lucie is now the eighth largest city in Florida, surpassing Fort Lauderdale, according to the Census Bureau's Population Estimates Program.

With 179,413 people, the city rises from ninth place in the 2014 estimate, when it had a population of 174,110. The city grew 8.9 percent from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015.

The estimates are used in federal funding allocations.

For perspective, it is interesting to note that Port St. Lucie has only 115.9 square miles of land while Jacksonville, the state's largest city by far, accounts for 747.0 square miles of land.

Port St. Lucie is now the 8th largest city in Florida, according to Census Bureau - wptv.com
And it still has no infrastructure. No high end shopping, no good restaurants, second tier medical care, no culture, no good entertainment. It's just a cheap working class redneck blue collar suburb with too many drug addicts, pot grow houses, no fortune 500 companies, low wage jobs, and Nazi police. ALL of this built too close to a nuc reactor which is ranked very poorly when it comes to safety. Ft. Laud has endless entertainment and dining options. PSL has low end mediocre places

Old 07-04-2016, 07:03 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,358,919 times
White collar here! *raises hand*

We decided on PSL because we can get more house for our money (and a nice pool!) We are close to shopping (even though a majority is online shopping) and it is not that far from high end restaraunts should we choose to spend that much on a dinner. I make better dinners at home anyway. I can even recreate Ruth's Chris steaks. Once in a while it is nice to go for the ambiance but don't need to go so often that it no longer feels special.

Not very worried about the nuke plant. I would rather go if it goes instead of dealing with the fallout anyway. The world is going to hell quickly anyway.

Who knows, maybe 'white collar' people are starting to choose PSL to take advantage of lower COL instead of paying for the pretentiousness of higher priced neighborhoods. Some of us are smart!

Online shopping can get me any high end stuff I want. Living in PSL lets me have more in my budget to be able to purchase such things, if I choose. We love to travel, we love having the funds to do so.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:10 PM

217 posts, read 374,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangolufsen View Post
And it still has no infrastructure. No high end shopping, no good restaurants, second tier medical care, no culture, no good entertainment. It's just a cheap working class redneck blue collar suburb with too many drug addicts, pot grow houses, no fortune 500 companies, low wage jobs, and Nazi police. ALL of this built too close to a nuc reactor which is ranked very poorly when it comes to safety. Ft. Laud has endless entertainment and dining options. PSL has low end mediocre places

Geez, what a grouch.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:16 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,354,607 times
We could certainly use some better restaurant options here. Otherwise I'm very happy with PSL. Big reason we don't have them is companies base their decisions to enter markets on several year old data. PSL only recently started to grow and was destroyed data wise in the recession and now only starting to break free of that. They'll come, it will just take a few more years assuming we don't pop another bubble.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:25 PM

134 posts, read 192,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattybee View Post
Geez, what a grouch.
Hardly, I experienced it myself in the best community in PSL (PGA Village). I speak from experience and everything I said was true. If not, where is Ruth Chris, Mortons, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Bloomingdales, or even Costco. Nowhere to be found unless you are willing to make a 2 hour round trip, PSL doesn't even have a mall and the one in Jensen is terrible. Read the news stories about the problems with the nuc plant. Bottom line: It's cheaper to buy a house there for good reason. I'm not a fan of rednecks and the city is full of them

Old 07-04-2016, 03:45 PM

361 posts, read 752,883 times
I too am a white collar worker

You know what else we are missing here? Beggars and homeless people. I love that I can go to pump gas and not be approached by some beggar asking me for money. I'll take these "working class rednecks" you refer to any day over free loaders, beggars, and homeless.

I am a concealed carry holder and when I lived in Miami I carried my pistol with me every where I went. Every since moving to PSL my pistol stays in my safe unless I am taking it to the local gun range

Have fun in your large city. I'll take personal safety any day over being able to eat at Ruth's Chris or Morton's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach