Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:41 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Is PSL, Seb. Stuart, Vero areas prone to hurricanes? thx
About as often as North-central Florida gets a tornado in the winter. I'd rather hunker down for a hurricane I can see coming than scramble with a few minutes to spare for a twister.

ymmv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 12:32 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Jupiter is about a 40 minute or so drive to Stuart. It is also a sleepy town, like Stuart, but it borders PBG so not as far to drive for nightlife. Also, it is that much closer to City Place in WPB (about 30 minutes or so south). Depending on how much you like to go out, and how much you don't mind a commute, I would look at Jupiter as a kinda half-way point.

Jupiter's sleepy, but not as sleepy as Stuart.
OP check out Stuart, Jupiter (central and east - maybe Abacoa area) and Palm Beach Gardens.
If it's just you and you need to put yourself in a position to start over making friends... I'd lean towards Jupiter and PBG.
Keep in mind you can travel from Stuart to the above via 95 and US1.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:53 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
GEEZ nothing like making the area sound awful to new people ...

NotBlake- try Meetups to meet new people in the area your age. Here is one I happened upon
https://www.meetup.com/Verb-Thats-Whats-Happenin/

at least its a start to meet others and go from there. No it won't be like Gainsville ... good luck!

Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
GEEZ nothing like making the area sound awful to new people .

We're just being honest. I don't think anyone made it sound awful.
(I get that being a realtor you always have to paint a perfect picture for people.)
That area will be a big adjustment after living in a college town for a few years.
It's far from awful.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:58 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
no, my being a Realtor had nothing to do with it.. just an honest personal opinion ( I DO have those ) and I even said ... it won't be like Gainsville. There ARE other people who live here that aren't old. He just has to meet some new people to find things to do that he enjoys. EVERY move is going to be like that for anyone.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:07 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
The OP also might look at Jensen Beach, it's a bit more active with the beach and water sports (boating, surfing, scuba diving etc).

Old 07-28-2017, 01:33 PM

217 posts, read 372,250 times
The most help I can offer is this reddit group for the Treasure Coast, if you haven't already discovered it. I suspect you will eventually find your niche. It's not as if the area is devoid of educated people your age.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:53 PM

70 posts, read 79,618 times
Mostly boring, old grouchy people who are terrible drivers. They also like to spin the area as being more than it is. It's where social lives go to die. lol You'll have to drive to Palm Beach area for anything that even resembles a night life. Hope you like the heat, it's been getting hotter with each passing year.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:58 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCis33 View Post
Mostly boring, old grouchy people who are terrible drivers. They also like to spin the area as being more than it is. It's where social lives go to die. lol You'll have to drive to Palm Beach area for anything that even resembles a night life. Hope you like the heat, it's been getting hotter with each passing year.
ROFL! Do you not go out after dark? That's when the younger crowd starts their fun time!

Hell, sometimes we feel like the 'old geezers' in the crowd. Everyone else is younger than us.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:04 AM

62 posts, read 136,059 times
Not sure you will be happy in Stuart. If you like boating, the beach, surfing, you will like it. But it doesn't have a lot going on. Restaurants are just okay. Jupiter and WPB are better suited for 20 something singles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach