Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 07:52 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,384,792 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good cataract surgeon anywhere in the Treasure Coast area? I did see a doctor here, but as great a reputation he may have, I don’t want him to do the surgery. I am also willing to travel if need be. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 10:59 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,576,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Can anyone recommend a good cataract surgeon anywhere in the Treasure Coast area? I did see a doctor here, but as great a reputation he may have, I don’t want him to do the surgery. I am also willing to travel if need be. Thanks in advance!
I would suggest you do a search on www.healthgrades.com

Search by area and then the type of practice doc you are looking for.

Old 11-03-2018, 01:52 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,384,792 times
Thank you Quiterchick!! I did that search already as well as Castle-Connolly among others. I am hoping to hear from people in our area who can speak from personal experience.

The doctor (Dr. M) I went to happens to be among the top positively reviewed doctors. And the reason I do not want him doing the surgery is that I went to him 14 months ago when I started having some change in my vision and he said my vision was "getting weaker" - that's all he said. So one year goes by and I decide to make my annual appointment with Dr. M, but before going to him I decide to have another doctor perform my annual examination. She said you have cataracts. I was blown away by this. I said how is that possible...can cataracts develop so quickly from my last exam just 1 year ago. She said they were present 1 year ago. So I now go to my previously scheduled appointment with Dr. M who has received the report from the other doctor. I ask Dr. M, do I have cataracts? Oh, yes and you may want to consider surgery but there is no rush. I then ask, were these cataracts present last year when you did my exam? Yes, he says. I said why wasn't I informed about this and he looks into the records and verifies that I had cataracts during our first exam. Again I asked, Why wasn't I informed that I had cataracts? Oh, its not a big deal...no reason to get into a panic.

Anyway, that's my little story. I had a wonderful ophthalmologist in Plantation, Fl and may just make the trek down south, but I was/am hoping to find someone in the Treasure Coast and save the drive.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:20 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,193,741 times
This is where I had mine done here in Melbourne. . https://www.brevardeye.com/ The Dr. Trespalacios and it was a breeze. I wish I would have waited because it sounds like Medicare and insurance would have paid for the lens that gives you near and far now. I had to choose far or near so I have to wear reading glasses. Right after the surgery I did not wear glasses to read but 3 years in I am wearing 150 reading glasses for tiny print.

When I had mine done 2 of the other patients in pre-op came all the way from Orlando to have Dr. Trespalacios do the surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach