Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2023, 05:53 PM

163 posts, read 101,850 times

Advertisements

If you're familiar with the cove at Sebastian Inlet State Park, I have a few questions about it:

Is it extremely shallow pretty far out or does it get deep enough for swimming pretty close to shore?

Is the water clean? Does the cove ever get closed due to poor water quality?

Is the beachwear / swimwear typically a little more modest compared to other FL beaches?

Is the crowd mostly families, kids, retired people?

Is it possible for a larger shark to get into the cove?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2023, 05:35 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
The tide pool is about ankle deep where little kids play close to the edge. I have never seen anyone swim in the water. I imagine on the inlet side it is deeper but have never really seen anyone in that side of the tide pool. Never been in it myself, but see families with toddlers sitting and playing in the water over there. I read somewhere there is a rope between the shallow and deeper area but can't say I ever noticed it. We have always just spent our time in the ocean. Have seen plenty of shark in the waves when the sons were surfing.

I have never noticed a difference in beachwear in that area. No one goes topless, but thong bikinis are common. It usually is not crowded, mostly families with smaller kids over there so your family could be the only ones there. There are no lifeguards there or by the jetty beachside.

I have seen dolphins, shark, manatees in the inlet but have never seen one in the tide pool but of course it could happen.

It is not that big an area so swimming in a lap pool is probably a better place to swim.

Water clean? Might be some fishline and hooks because of people fishing on the channel side on the rocks
This blog has pics of the tide pool at low tide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOE6Kpu_fgs

Here's another blog when it must be high tide and more of the west side filled with water. First half is at the Tidepool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGFNBMU-bKY

Old 03-18-2023, 05:56 AM

300 posts, read 474,421 times
Nice park and there is an admission fee to enter the park, $8 per car.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/Sebastian-Inlet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach