Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 PM

55 posts, read 469,337 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a house in Martin County (Stuart/Palm City).

It seems that prices of existing homes are still holding high there. I have been tracking their prices for almost a year, and have seen them decline in specific areas, but in many desirable neighborhoods they are still holding steady, or declining so slowly that they are still (in my mind) overpriced.

We have bid several times on houses but the sellers are still countering at very high prices.

I am curious as to whether you think Martin County, specifically, is a different kind of market - compared say to the rest of SE Florida - and whether the prices there are going to decline very slowly, or are already close to the bottom, etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,041,963 times
Martin Country has traditionally been higher priced than it's neighboring counties and has held values better. That said, prices are down, but there are less foreclosures in Martin County, and the pressure to sell is not as great.

There are realistic prices, but people are not going to give away their homes for some lowball offer. What are you looking to spend? How big are you looking for?

Old 12-29-2007, 09:00 PM

55 posts, read 469,337 times
Lilybeans, We don't want to spend more than 300K for a CBS house, and we are looking for a 3-4 BR with a yard for the kids to run around. We also want to buy in a stable, existing neighborhood that is kid-friendly. We are flexible on many factors for a new house except we want a short commute to work, no zero lot line, and the best possible neighborhood (which is very subjective).

We have done extensive research on the areas we're looking to buy in. We are financially conservative and don't want to be married to our mortgage. Until we find the house that we want for the price we can afford, we will rent. I am just frustrated, because I would like to get settled, and I am wondering how long this will actually take.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 AM

I think you'll have a tough time in Martin County with those requirements. You might want to look at PSL, where housing is cheaper.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:20 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,063,123 times
guess what ? Prices HAVE fallen big time in Martin County. I am looking to buy either Martin County or Port St.Lucie at the end of the year. We will see.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:31 AM

Yes they have, but they seem to have bottomed out for the most part. Housing is selling again in Martin because the prices are less than a couple of years ago. A lot of sales are to northerners looking for good deals on second homes.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:50 AM

374 posts, read 1,630,802 times
Hi Agnes, Check out the SW Part of Port Saint Lucie close to the back door of Palm City. I think the Zip code out there is 34953. Gettysburgh area close to Becker Rd. Beautiful homes with large yards and great location... Shouldn't be hard to get your price range there and the prices are way down! Good Luck!!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:22 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,440,275 times
Martin County has "growth restriction" and resists development. Nonetheless, what you are looking for is not impossible to find, even in Martin County.

For example, this is a house in Martin Downs Country Club: 3/2/2 CBS Martin Downs Country Club Family Home (broken link)

Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,527,095 times
You'll have a hard time finding your requirements in Martin County for only $300k. Land costs. If you don't want zero lot line you have to either: pay for it or, choose a less desirable community with a less than new house that may need some love. There are homes in the community redevelopment areas of Palm City and Port Salerno that could use good people to move in. Or as someone suggested, try port st lucie, though you'll find that county has its problems too, with overcrowding and not enough roads and sidewalks. The convenience is in Martin County, closer to Palm Beach county for good jobs as they are few in Martin and St Lucie, close to I95 and the turnpike, everything needed is nearby. That is why you won't see the prices drop in Martin. Its worth it. There are growth restrictions, a Comprehensive Development Plan was voted in place in the 80's and has kept Martin from being overwhelmed like St Lucie and Palm Beach Counties. Look at a state overview photo and you can clearly see development stop at the borders of Martin. There are still green expanses here. Martin is all about preservation.

Again, you will pay for the privilege of having grass and trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach