Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,315 times

Advertisements

Papanic - I lived in PSL for about a year - I loved it out there. Moved back North for jobs. My son was 2 when we moved down also - I had him in day care @ Children's Emporium - $140/week full time.
That was almost 2 years ago this May.
Moderator cut: advertising not allowed on this forum
Cyndi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 05:48 PM

5 posts, read 33,214 times
I think PSL is a great value; expecially now since there is a market correction. Please check out the RED Zone schools in SW PSL, and especially the Becker road area. send me a messge if you would like to know more - I own 2 houses there.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,208 times
Wink Port St Lucie (Still Growing)

I think that there is no better time than now for anyone to look toward PSL if you thinking about being down here in FL for a long time. I recently (summer 07) purchase a house there, 4 beds, 3 baths, 3000 s/f, corner lot. Of course, the market is down now. But, the county is growing so fast that it is worth securing a spot now if one can.
However, I am trying to rent my house right now. The main reason is because I have just been posted in Miami and I also get a place to stay in Miami. I also must mention that PSL is not very pleasant for a young man/woman who is single and in his/her 20s. Anyway, it is Great for couple, especially those with kids.
Good luck

Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 AM

22 posts, read 116,603 times
Hi, I'm moving to Port St Lucie this month. I have friends from Detroit, so I know what you mean. Your husband can practice in any state if he joined a Federal agency. I know , I'm from PA and NJ and just got a job there. I'm looking forward to trying paradise for a while, it can't be any worse than "Killa delphia" where I am now. They steal iron fences here too!

Last edited by clineberger; 12-09-2007 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,141 times
I think first you need to know a little more about the area. Please be sure that you or your husband has a very good job lined up. One that is safe because if it's lost you will look long and hard to find another. The area is beautiful... close to a lot, but not too close. The stores are new and there are homes for everyone from rentals to new that you will have no problem finding in your price range. The culture is mixed... it really depends on what you're looking for. There are old neighborhoods, new neighborhoods and rental areas (that really look like rental areas).

We moved here from NY and expected to be here until our kids went to college and unfortunately as fate has it, we were only here for 2 1/2 years. The taxes are high, the schools are below state averages in every category and the job market is awful. The city is trying, but unfortunately nothing changed while we were here and we had to opt for a job out of PSL and a better school district.

If none of that worries you there are several preschool/daycare facilities in the area... they range from churches to franchises and montessori. I have not heard of anyone having problems getting in anywhere, but there may be waiting lists. You really need to take a look at them for yourself to find the right fit. They are listed on the internet and many will have no problem going over everything in detail over the phone and send you pics of their facility.

I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach