Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:19 AM

317 posts, read 1,229,276 times

Advertisements

There is a little bird shop/pet shop for sale in Sebastian. I've gotta believe there aren't too many there. Does anyone know which one this might be?

Sebastian, in general, has seemed to get a pretty good overall rating from the boards. Housing prices are somewhat reasonable. Folks say the schools are good, which surprised me, because I thought (perhaps incorrectly), that Sebastian was still a bit sleepy. So, wherever I eventually move to, I am also looking to buy a business doing something that I love and I stumbled on this store that is for sale in Sebastian.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 07:54 AM

3 posts, read 9,615 times
I live in Grant-Valkaria...Sebastian is just about 5 miles south of us. The only bird store that I can think of is on US 1..but I'm not sure of the exact location.

Be prepared if you want to live near the waterway to pay BIG bucks for housing...

Sebastian is a kinda sleepy town, but its growing (as they all are)..

Let me do some asking about which shop it is... and see what I can come up with

Old 01-25-2007, 08:43 AM

Goblins, thanks!

I think it is called Kuntry Kritters or at least used to be, and yes, I think it is on US1.

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
I live in Vero Beach, just south of Sebastian, and I love it up there. Sebastian doesn't try to be anything but itself. It has a good atitude. Google 'sebatian/school/newsweek' all together and you will see that Sebastian H.S. was ranked #304 by Newsweek's top 1000 high schools in the nation. Not bad for a Florida school!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Wow VeroBeach

Hey VB- where have you been anyhow? Vero Beach has been getting some good ratings too. How long does it take to drive to Sabastian from where you are? If you could live in either place, which would it be and why.

Thanks VB. Stay in touch!

Old 01-25-2007, 11:09 AM

44 posts, read 196,572 times
Smile sebastian

Love Sebastian,FL!!! Went down last Aug. and it just felt like home. Small town feel very nice people and cant say enough about the scenery, it was breath taking. We were looking to relocate from Northeast to somewhere in florida and we came upon this area and just loved it! Hopefully we will be down before the end of the year. The only draw back was communting for work because there wasnt much employment in Sebastian but it will be well worth it!!! Good Luck to you.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,459 times
I have lived in Sebastian for the past 29 years. It really is a great place to live.
It has grown quite a bit, but somehow keeps it's small town charm. We are now looking to relocate to Virginia. Our daughter just started college in Virginia last year and we would also just like a change. My husband and I are both orginally from up North and would really like to experience the season changes.

Vero Beach is about a 15-20 minute drive south of Sebastian. Sebastian has several grocery stores and a Wal-Mart supercenter. We are close to the beaches as well. If you like malls, you can drive to Vero Beach or about 20-30 minutes north to Melbourne.

Let me know if there is any other info you would like on Sebastian.

Last edited by Sheriden; 04-06-2007 at 11:59 PM..

Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,319 times
We came to Sebastain in 1983 on Vacation and moved here in 2001., its changed a lot. Still a small fishing town maybe it'll stay that way for a few more years but its clearly growing way to fast.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:23 AM

250 posts, read 1,469,608 times
You will love Sebastian - we have been here almost 2 years and love it. our kids love it too and my eldest is doing well in school and is a straight A student (my youngest is starting this year)

I have found everyone is VERY friendly here.....

Old 08-07-2007, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,249 times
On the subject of Sebastian, can anybody recommend decent apartments there for the $500-$700 a month range? In general, is it cheaper to live there than in Miami, where I now live? Any help would be appreciated. JC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach