Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 AM

5 posts, read 14,176 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies everyone. We found a place in Vero. So I hope that turns out to be OK. You all are kind of scaring me about PSL! I am from Fl and have family still in the state, so I don't mind being here. I mean, I'll survive, mainly worried about my kids. We've got a house in a nice neighborhood, but I am still worried about the schools. I don't see that many children go to private school though, even with the schools being so bad. I understand that the economic situation down there is probably the reason. I guess the whole country is suffering right now, but it sounds like Florida was kind of suffering before the rest of the country was feeling it.

I have a job in the area, so that's not a problem like the other poster who was thinking about moving here over other places. I am glad I've got a job there, because the PSL area is less expensive compared to some other areas.

To Mr Lost, I was looking for a a job for a friend of mine who wants to move down here with us and I saw a few graphic designer type jobs in Stuart and Melbourne I think. Are you still thinking of moving up to PSL MrLost?

What about Vero Beach and Indian River County?

Oh and sorry about placing this in the Lauderdale section. I could not find a better place to put it in. It really did fit anywhere. This was the best place I could find at the time - maybe West Palm would have been a better fit, but I didn't see it at the time.

Thanks again for the info...keep it comin' esp. if you all have any info on Vero!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 PM

374 posts, read 1,629,343 times
Default Vero

Good luck on your move to Vero... The Indian River Mall on 60 is nice. You also have an outlet mall west of I-95. We used to go to Too Jays Deli to eat once a week. It took us about a half hour from Northern PSL. Some snooty people, but most we have met seem to be nice. Best wishes... Wendyb

Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Well..the mall at Vero is ok... no biggie that's for sure. The outlet mall is now going to be here in TRADITION, in Port St. Lucie. It's already under constructiion. I worked in Vero and lived here in Jensen, and now in Tradition. I LOVE IT here personally and chose not to move to Vero when I had a job running a new home project there because it is considered, and is, an "older" community. More retirement people or very new families. Not too many in the middle. Not a place for me personally. Here in Tradition I am around people of all ages where there are plenty of things to do if I choose and shopping is at my fingertips. I can go to the mall at PGA - a REAL MALL - in a short time if I want to. Otherwise everything I need is withing instant reach either immediately here in Tradition or a mile up at the St. Lucie West Blvd. exit.

I have nothing bad to say about Martin County, Palm City area, but Jensen, where I did live, I would never move back and never felt safe. So glad I moved!

Anyhow, to each his own, I do hope you are happy in your home in Vero. Come down and visit us at Tradition some time at Westfest....have some fun!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Well..the mall at Vero is ok... no biggie that's for sure. The outlet mall is now going to be here in TRADITION, in Port St. Lucie. It's already under constructiion. I worked in Vero and lived here in Jensen, and now in Tradition. I LOVE IT here personally and chose not to move to Vero when I had a job running a new home project there because it is considered, and is, an "older" community. More retirement people or very new families. Not too many in the middle. Not a place for me personally. Here in Tradition I am around people of all ages where there are plenty of things to do if I choose and shopping is at my fingertips. I can go to the mall at PGA - a REAL MALL - in a short time if I want to. Otherwise everything I need is withing instant reach either immediately here in Tradition or a mile up at the St. Lucie West Blvd. exit.

I have nothing bad to say about Martin County, Palm City area, but Jensen, where I did live, I would never move back and never felt safe. So glad I moved!

Anyhow, to each his own, I do hope you are happy in your home in Vero. Come down and visit us at Tradition some time at Westfest....have some fun!

Is the outlet mall in Tradition a sure thing? It would probably kill the Vero Beach Outlet mall if so. They advertise for the Vero outlets all the way down in Palm Beach Gardens.

I was hoping that a visionary woudl realize the potential of the Palm Beach Mall property off Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. as a prime spot for an outlet mall, given the fact Sawgrass Mills is quite a haul.... but I'm happy enough with PSL getting the mall.

Now I hold out hope for an IKEA on the spot!

Old 10-15-2008, 07:56 AM

448 posts, read 1,471,062 times
Default Is brevard county any better?

we are looking at moving to Brevard County. Not sure which area as of yet. Is it any better than Port St Lucie? As we have thought of that area too.
Looking at the Merritt Island-Palm Bay area.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Is the outlet mall in Tradition a sure thing? It would probably kill the Vero Beach Outlet mall if so. They advertise for the Vero outlets all the way down in Palm Beach Gardens.

I was hoping that a visionary woudl realize the potential of the Palm Beach Mall property off Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. as a prime spot for an outlet mall, given the fact Sawgrass Mills is quite a haul.... but I'm happy enough with PSL getting the mall.

Now I hold out hope for an IKEA on the spot!

The outlet mall is under construction - I'd says that's a sure thing LOL!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:58 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKEDs View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. We found a place in Vero. So I hope that turns out to be OK. You all are kind of scaring me about PSL! I am from Fl and have family still in the state, so I don't mind being here. I mean, I'll survive, mainly worried about my kids. We've got a house in a nice neighborhood, but I am still worried about the schools. I don't see that many children go to private school though, even with the schools being so bad. I understand that the economic situation down there is probably the reason. I guess the whole country is suffering right now, but it sounds like Florida was kind of suffering before the rest of the country was feeling it.

I have a job in the area, so that's not a problem like the other poster who was thinking about moving here over other places. I am glad I've got a job there, because the PSL area is less expensive compared to some other areas.

To Mr Lost, I was looking for a a job for a friend of mine who wants to move down here with us and I saw a few graphic designer type jobs in Stuart and Melbourne I think. Are you still thinking of moving up to PSL MrLost?

What about Vero Beach and Indian River County?

Oh and sorry about placing this in the Lauderdale section. I could not find a better place to put it in. It really did fit anywhere. This was the best place I could find at the time - maybe West Palm would have been a better fit, but I didn't see it at the time.

Thanks again for the info...keep it comin' esp. if you all have any info on Vero!
welcome to indian river county! if you have any specific questions about vero or sebastian we will be glad to answer your posts. there are several vero / sebastian posters on the forum. i was also told that we might be getting a treasure coast forum at some time in the future and that would be nice to cover an area that isn't really represented here. i can tell you where not to get your car work done in indian river county if you want, and who is good. believe it or not, indian river county was rated as the only county in florida not in an economic downturn (although i think jobs are tight here).

Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
we are looking at moving to Brevard County. Not sure which area as of yet. Is it any better than Port St Lucie? As we have thought of that area too.
Looking at the Merritt Island-Palm Bay area.
I live in Brevard county, came from Martin county and love it here. More of an old Fl feeling and not as congested as PSL or Martin county.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM

374 posts, read 1,629,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
The outlet mall is under construction - I'd says that's a sure thing LOL!
Hey there! Are you saying the Outlet Mall in Vero is closing Down??? If not, then I don't get the point of comparing Tradition to Vero when the poster is moving to Vero!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyb0077 View Post
Hey there! Are you saying the Outlet Mall in Vero is closing Down??? If not, then I don't get the point of comparing Tradition to Vero when the poster is moving to Vero!
Wasn't comparing...just answering a question about the mall. the fact is it IS being built in Tradition - under construction right now.

I have no answers on the Vero mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach