Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:10 PM

5 posts, read 13,328 times

Advertisements

Good Day Everyone,
I'm entertaining the thought of moving from beautiful Miami to Pt. St. Lucie. With the amount of miney I've made on the equity on my home I could buy a beautiful home up in Pt. St. Lucie. The thing is that I don't know much about the area. Our family went up there for a day and from what we say we fell in love. Could someone let me know if the job market is strong, (I'm a banker) what neighborhoods are great, and what the demand is for teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 05:20 PM

[quote=rfpup;1683797]New brenches are openning in the area off of Gatlin
Blvd. In need off bankers. Teachers are allways need. ORPHANED POST

What is the name of the bank, and do you have any pics of the house. How is the area?? Don't know much about PSL and I want to make sure I'm moving into a great neighborhood!!

Last edited by sunrico90; 10-09-2007 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: ORPHANED POST

Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpapi View Post
Good Day Everyone,
I'm entertaining the thought of moving from beautiful Miami to Pt. St. Lucie. With the amount of miney I've made on the equity on my home I could buy a beautiful home up in Pt. St. Lucie. The thing is that I don't know much about the area. Our family went up there for a day and from what we say we fell in love. Could someone let me know if the job market is strong, (I'm a banker) what neighborhoods are great, and what the demand is for teachers.
Welcome to the "future Miami."
Port st. Lucie is on its way to become a "Miami" soon. With crime up like never before, I suggest you look more North.
Good Luck.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:53 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Port st. Lucie is on its way to become a "Miami" soon. With crime up like never before, I suggest you look more North.
Good Luck.

Crime "up like never before" and yet still ranked 25th safest city in the NATION.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:20 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
proudpapi, what kind of banker are you? psl isnt exactly the place to be if you are an investment banker... also, i am a little worried that the area of st lucie/martin/indian river counties may get a lot of the ppl from miami and what many ppl in miami are trying to escape. not sure how long those areas will stay nice... hopefully a long time

Old 10-09-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
proudpapi, what kind of banker are you? psl isnt exactly the place to be if you are an investment banker... also, i am a little worried that the area of st lucie/martin/indian river counties may get a lot of the ppl from miami and what many ppl in miami are trying to escape. not sure how long those areas will stay nice... hopefully a long time

I'm a financial services representative (far from an investment banker) my wife is a 3rd grade teacher. Being that I am from Miami and that the people who are trying to escape are most likely looking to improve their life I don't think anyone in st lucie/martin/indian river counties need to worry. So I'm sure that it will remain nice for a long time.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Good Luck.

Ok thanks alot Cougar31, what do you suggest an area where you don't live.

I hope their is someone who can provide actual information on what I asked. Maybe if I change my username to Proud Father, I'll actually get what I'm asking for.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpapi View Post
Good Day Everyone,
Port St. Lucie is experiencing all kinds of growing problems. The city was originally developed by General Development Corporation, and was developed without any downtown area or identity. The city is now trying to build a simulated downtown, sort of like City Place in WPB, but you simply cannot create an artificial downtown.

Additionally, there is a huge number of homes being foreclosed. PSL seems to be primarily a community populated by blue collar trades type people, and there is a significant slowing of the economy there.

To be sure, there are nice pockets, but overall the values in PSL will not keep pace with Martin or even Indian River counties.

There are a lot of people looking for work. More every day. Traffic is a nightmare. There is a sudden surge in auto thefts.

Teachers are not the highest paid in the state in St. Lucie County. Some schools are good and some aren't. In Martin County, every single school is A rated.

Most professional people I know, who live in PSL, are looking to move to Martin County, or have moved from PSL to Martin.

I'm sure others will chime in, and certainly there will be PSL'ers who disagree, but I have lived here for 25 years and am pretty familiar with the area.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
proudpapi, your username is just fine with us. i too looked into moving to the area, still might... i was just a little concerned that the psl/martin co/ indian river co would one day turn into broward or dade county. but i think it would take a long time for that to happen, if it ever did. they are moving into orlando however. imo.

a lot of ppl live in psl, so i'd assume financial services would be a good job to have there. lots of ppl and lots of ppl with money to invest.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:52 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Let's start at the basics: What's your price range? There are only about two neighborhoods in Port Saint Lucie I would steer you away from, and even those neighborhoods aren't bad by any South Florida standard. I don't know anything about the banker market, but I'd suggest if you work for a national bank, you see what job openings are available in the Port Saint Lucie area. I'm sure there's always a demand for new teachers.

Also, please please refrain from bringing ethnicism into this discussion. Port St. Lucie isn't Miami. "Ethnic identity" used to mean very little in Port Saint Lucie, and that sort of attitude where you automatically assuming you're being discriminated against is not exactly going to go over well. (Like non-Spanish decent people who feel that Hispanic Miami-ers discriminate against them, whether its true or not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach