Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times

Advertisements

I'll wave next time I drive by your opening in the wall hehehe !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 01:35 PM

19 posts, read 57,933 times
The way I remember it. Tradition and the city wanted to make the road go through your area but there were so many protesters they went around it. I remember thinking, those people are truly going to regret that decision one day. I guess that day has come.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 AM

Who was protesting it? That property did not belong to the city in the first place. Core was the one holding it up. I was waiting for it to go through forever because it makes everything a lot easier going north and across town.

Crosstown is meant to continue on past Tradition in the future. Right now it stops and we make a left turn.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,186 times
The extention of SW Fairgreen was needed because our area did not have adequate Fire department protection. The road remains unpaved and locked except for emergency vehicles. I have spoken a couple of times with the county and the only hold up on paving and opening it is the lack of money. They need approx 1mil to pave 1/4 miles of road. That part I find very hard to believe but that is what I was told.

The surrounding property is for sale as retail and commercial. My guess is that when the area accross the street is developed they will finish paving the road and build some kind of small shopping center there.

It appeared that it may happen sooner than later but now I suspect the construction company is just saving money by storing equipment on the vacant land rather than moving it to another site.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 AM

A portion of that land belongs to Heritage Oaks still. It's a small part that Kennedy did not build on. The area closest to us. They planned on putting townhomes on it.

The front part of that land - along crosstown - is a small commercial area like you mentioned.

still waving as I drive by!!! <<<WAVE!>>>

Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 PM

Yeah I think some of the neighbors may build a ramp to jump the wall LOL. JUST KIDDING FOR ALL YOU TERROR PLOT PEOPLE!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 12:44 PM

oh goody! <<get the alligators ready! ..awww don't tell me their new uniforms don't fit!>>>

Old 04-19-2010, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,148 times
Default New Resident

Do you have any update on the Fairgreen dr to Tradition bridge. It would be great to have access to shopping at Tradition stores and would benefit them. Also would be great to have access to I-95 and crosstown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
The extention of SW Fairgreen was needed because our area did not have adequate Fire department protection. The road remains unpaved and locked except for emergency vehicles. I have spoken a couple of times with the county and the only hold up on paving and opening it is the lack of money. They need approx 1mil to pave 1/4 miles of road. That part I find very hard to believe but that is what I was told.

The surrounding property is for sale as retail and commercial. My guess is that when the area accross the street is developed they will finish paving the road and build some kind of small shopping center there.

It appeared that it may happen sooner than later but now I suspect the construction company is just saving money by storing equipment on the vacant land rather than moving it to another site.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:04 PM

Last I spoke with the Councilman for this area he stated that the item was brought up to the Council but was turned down due to lack of interest and the fact that it was not a City Project. Apparently Core (think this is the company) was supposed to develop the area as lite shopping and was to provide the 1 million to pave the road but since they have had issues with funds nothing has happened.

I don't believe the issue is totally dead but for the next year or so get used to looking at the dirt road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach