Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 AM

134 posts, read 399,456 times

Advertisements

my husband and I are relocating to florida and we are looking into different areas...we have family in west palm beach and ft lauderdale but we are also staying open to other areas

we are in our late 30's, no kids, i am not well, need public transp, 1 car between us, looking to rent a very small house or townhome

how far are these places from wpbeach and ft lauderdale?? what are they like?

any info would help as i have no idea about florida...all i know is we are moving to be closer to family as we are currently living across the country with no family on the west coast but no family in florida wants us THAT close because they are afraid I will be a burden on them....but i do want to be in the same state so i can spend time with my nieces, have family to go to for holidays and have them there just in case.

thanks for any info!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
There is no regularly scheduled mass transit in either of those places. Vero is about 90 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie is on the other side of the state north of Tampa, not sure the best way to get there, but it's got to be 3+ hours no matter what route you take, probably closer to four.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:51 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
There is no regularly scheduled mass transit in either of those places. Vero is about 90 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie is on the other side of the state north of Tampa, not sure the best way to get there, but it's got to be 3+ hours no matter what route you take, probably closer to four.
Oops. Port St. Lucie is south of Vero and just north of Stuart. Stuart is about 1.25 hours from Ft. Lauderdale usually, and about 40 minutes from West Palm. Add another 15 minutes from PSL. Vero is about another 30 minutes north.

There is no mass transit in either of those places, nor isi it particularly walkable. The one exception might be the Tradition development in PSL.

There is no way you should even consider an area without first coming to Florida and driving to those areas for some in depth research.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:28 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Sorry! I was thinking of New Port Richie--many apologies.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:25 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Google Maps

Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM

56 posts, read 155,679 times
Probably 1.30 minutes. Depend where you live

Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 PM

92 posts, read 356,565 times
Here's a handy site. Hope it helps.

How Far is It

Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
I agree with Lilybeans...you should have an idea of the area before you move! Looking at Mapquest will give you driving time from point to point but certainly not all the other information you obviously need.

Tradition in Port St. Lucie will give you a lot of shopping and restaurants in our immediate location and driving to your relatives would not be difficult for the reasons you stated.

Without knowing what your financial living needs are, if you are going to need a job, or what medical care you might need once you are here are other factors as well.

You need a LOT more information...

Old 08-28-2009, 03:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Default Amtrak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Oops. Port St. Lucie is south of Vero and just north of Stuart. Stuart is about 1.25 hours from Ft. Lauderdale usually, and about 40 minutes from West Palm. Add another 15 minutes from PSL. Vero is about another 30 minutes north.

There is no mass transit in either of those places, nor isi it particularly walkable. The one exception might be the Tradition development in PSL.

There is no way you should even consider an area without first coming to Florida and driving to those areas for some in depth research.
Does Amtrak still run in FL? Can you take it from Vero down to Ft. Lauderdale?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:02 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Does Amtrak still run in FL? Can you take it from Vero down to Ft. Lauderdale?
You can pick it up in West Palm Beach to Miami. It does not run this far north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach